"People
are like
stained glass windows
they sparkle and shine
when
the sun is out
but when the darkness
sets in
their
true beauty
is revealed only
if
there is a light
within
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
~ ~ ~
photos taken by
my son
at
the church I belong to


25 comments:
Stained glass windows are so beautiful ~ I wish I had one in my house ~ maybe not this big though! :)
xo Catherine
I love this!!! It is the reverse of the usual! I have been collecting my stained glass pictures for a future post, but have nothing tis unique and beautiful.
It must be wonderful to sit in silence with only the light coming through.
It seems as though your son has the same eye for beauty and talents that you do. Beautiful pictures. Let the light shine through all of us illuminating the path for others.
Andie
nice...a guest photographer!
you have paired up some good words to go with them.
Those are beautiful windows. The quote is really full of wisdom and food for thought!
There is such beauty in those stained glass windows - and yes, only fully revealed when the light shines through.
A wonderful life lesson Susan.
That is indeed lovely.
such a true quote and oh the windows are just so special..great to see the one from further away to see the size and scope
I've always loved this quote, and your son's pics fit perfectly. Wonder where he gets his photography skills?
everything Glenda said...and happy day! xox
A beautiful quote - so true ! Love that 2nd shot - your son did very well !
Oh my goodness... Wonderful to ponder this truth. Gorgeous photos!
the first is beautiful, the 2nd magnificent. i love that cross and the light from with in. must be a beautiful church and your son has inherited your talent with the camera
I have always loved this quote--and it is so true! The most beautiful people I know--sparkle from within!
I love that quote. And that window... sigh. I'd love to see that every Sunday...
Stained glass love to you!
-Jennifer
(never thought about the word
"stained glass" before.
I wonder how many of our stains
make us all the more beautiful
once the head finishes us:))
What a magnificent stained-glass window. Great quote.
A splendid quote and lovely photographs to illustrate it!
Oh how beautiful and so very true.....We need the "son" to shine......
How I wish we had stained glass windows in our church, they add such mystery and reflection to ones thoughts as you sit and pray.
what beautiful windows!!!
I love stained glass windows...beautiful sentiment.
It is obvious great talent runs in the family.
FABULOUS windows!!
Oh, to be lit up with God colors.
Post a Comment