Sunday, February 6, 2011

To the Point ~


the
average pencil
is seven inches long
with just
a half-inch eraser
in case
you thought optimism
was dead
Robert Brault
~ ~ ~
may your week
be filled
with
realized promise





36 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

Lovely -- I wonder how many pencils have outlived the written word and erasers the pencils that wrote?

Leslie said...

I never thought of it that way : )

MadSnapper n Beau said...

now i feel really dumb, i struggled to read the words on the photo, i don't see well, so was all squnited up and when i scrolled down, there they were in plain sight. great post as always

Maureen said...

I have to laugh reading this because I've always been annoyed that erasers were so stubby and not up to the length of the pencil. Only someone supremely confident would not want a big, big eraser which today, of course, finds its corallary in the backspace and delete.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful post, Susan.

Hope your week is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

That's funny! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, such an obvious fact and yet I never thought of it that way....now that's optimism!
Andie

caryjo said...

As usual... the creativity overwhelms the usual brain focus...

Ginny Hartzler said...

What an artistic eye you have! And I love the shadows on the paper.

Rick said...

Nice analogy for optimism (I wonder what he would have said about bic pens ?)

Mari said...

Neat photo and I love that quote too!

Mrs. E said...

OK. That quote is going on my board for my students! They will love it--as do I!

Nancy said...

You are so clever.....you always make me think in ways I hadn't before......I have often wondered why there's not more eraser on a pencil.....optimism.........

ELK said...

love
this
one !!

my eraser is used up way before the pencil!!

Anonymous said...

an ink pen is just crazy talk

Glenda said...

Love the quote . . . it's a great way to start a new week!

Jennifer Richardson said...

How true!
And well said.
And how wonderful to see a
real pencil!
Brings to memory such
awesome smells:)
-Jennifer

Misty said...

What a funny quote! That's just awesome.

Anonymous said...

As usual, you've made me stop and think and reflect! A good way to start the day.
Hope your week is full of special moments.

chasity said...

fantastic!!
i love that.

Tracy said...

Oh, that is a great quote! Don't think I've come across that one before, so this was fun. That is optimism! ;o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))

rjerdee said...

ha ha :) but I don't use pencils anymore...

Kass said...

Succinct and lovely.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you for telling me, that my new Font is readable. I love it, for the time being.

Must put this blog, into my Google Reader, to see when you post new entries. This is such a lovely and peaceful place to visit!

Hugs and ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!

Relyn Lawson said...

That is the most FABULOUS quote. I love, love, love it! Thank you for this!

Lucille said...

I never found that the eraser did more than just smudge the word and leave a pink residue. Quite often they snapped off completely!

Vicky said...

Ahhh, I knew you'd deliver something I needed to hear, you just never disappoint Susan. So true, so true! Happy Monday to you...

beth said...

amen. thank you.

L.L. Barkat said...

:)

Love it.

Sandra Heska King said...

In our house, we need seven-inch erasers and half-inch leads.

Sandy K. said...

First I had to think...then I had to laugh:) Thank you. Love the photo, by the way.

cristie said...

awesome observation. xox

Jewels said...

Wow, that's a cool quote - thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

and yours as well, Susan.
and I'd never heard that quote before , clever.

Unknown said...

Very well said and "To the point"
he he he
Good shot.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Yes...and sometimes I have to buy those erasures to put on the end when I've used mine all up...