We are afraid of silence, the tv, electronic gadgets, ipods in the ears, perhaps we are running away from Him by surrounding ourselves with all of this.
Father Thomas Keating has such a wonderful way of expressing faith--clear, down-to-earth, yet dazzling too! I love this quote. Your image whispers silence too, Susan... I just love the moments you share here. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))
This really struck deep in me. The photo draws me in wondering who or what made the footprints. I like how you can make a photograph more compelling when it's small. I lean forward to see every detail as it is in the post's picture not a clicked-on one. Beautiful, Susan and balm to my soul.
Beautiful pictures (as usual), and one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors. I remember once being at one of his talks and we all prayed (centering prayer) in silence for 20 minutes and I didn't close my eyes because I wanted to watch him pray.
27 comments:
So well said.Have a beautiful Sunday.
Oh beautiful! I can hear the quiet!
We are afraid of silence, the tv, electronic gadgets, ipods in the ears, perhaps we are running away from Him by surrounding ourselves with all of this.
So peaceful. Being a mom I love silence. :)
Beautiful photo. It is way too easy to fill our lives with unnecessary noise. The photo beautifully fit the message.
Just like this snow, this is deep!
this is more than perfect.
utterly so.
A lovely image of silence. I am still trying to figure out if I agree with the quote ... happy to be made to think,
A lovely image of silence. I am still trying to figure out if I agree with the quote ... happy to be made to think,
Father Thomas Keating has such a wonderful way of expressing faith--clear, down-to-earth, yet dazzling too! I love this quote. Your image whispers silence too, Susan... I just love the moments you share here. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))
Oh, I DO love God's language of silence! And your way of translating it...
This really struck deep in me.
The photo draws me in wondering who or what made the footprints. I like how you can make a photograph more compelling when it's small. I lean forward to see every detail as it is in the post's picture not a clicked-on one.
Beautiful, Susan and balm to my soul.
perfect quote and i agree, i love silence and there is not enough in our world, we have to seek it.
So strange to see the snow when all here is blooming... but we will pay for it this summer.
Love this quote...
softened footprings
long blue shadows
tender branches
lovely
I like those tracks in the snow!
xo Catherine
Perfection!
SO much said in the silence.
And so friendly to hear.
Love your eyes to see
and your ears to hear
the silent beauty all around us.
-Jennifer
Marvelous quote, Susan.
I notice how the snow has begun to fill in the tracks, perhaps erasing the story not yet told.
Beautifully "said!"
So so true, well-put and pictured.
silence is definitely God's language to us all.
xoxo
Beautiful pictures (as usual), and one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite authors. I remember once being at one of his talks and we all prayed (centering prayer) in silence for 20 minutes and I didn't close my eyes because I wanted to watch him pray.
"peace, be still." xox
isn't that a wonderful thing to count on . special image
I am hushed.
Oh, I do love this one...the words and the image...
Wonderful!
;^)
Post a Comment