Thursday, February 3, 2011

Drought ~


 our friend
recently
informed me


that there is potential
danger
of


  I
somewhat nervously
checked
the cupboards


proceeded
as instructed


and
now it appears
that
the drought
may have begun
here


is
it possible
I
am
a contributor
to
said drought
?




39 comments:

ELK said...

what a problem .... I have no time to comment .. must get to the store!!

rich and lovely series ...

Maureen said...

I can tell you had fun with this one. Great!

Trader Joe's has wicked dark chocolate, 80% or more. I sometimes get a slab for my husband (I only rarely eat the stuff).

SimplyDarlene said...

And it's not just me telling about the impending chocolate shortage, I see Glynn making mention of it too.

So, did you buy more?

I'm not much of a chocolate girl. I know that is not a very ladylike habit, but it is true. I prefer some black beans and olive oil and salt. Weird, yes, but in supply.

Hugs and (chocolate) kisses!

Mari said...

Now that would be a tragedy!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think it's highly likely that you could be causing a nationwide chocolate shortage! Better bar your doors, chocoholics won't take it lightly!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The world is a better place when one has chocolate. :) Enjoy.
Ruth

donna said...

Yes, you most certainly are an enabler. ha-ha

I bet when you were buying those chocolate bars, you were telling yourself that you had to do it for the sake of the blog.

This post made me happy.

donna

Duane Scott said...

Lol!

Oh my, this is not a laughing matter.

I need my chocolate !

Sandra Heska King said...

What? WHAT?

Steve Gravano said...

This is no laughing matter. This is a big, big problem. ;)

Linda said...

Oh, oh, oh - say it isn't so!! I plan to reward myself with chocolate whenever I lost the rest of this ten pounds! Save some for me! (what great pictures - but oh dear I do have a craving for a Hershey bar now - with almonds please).

Louise Gallagher said...

Oh my. A chocoholics nightmare! Hoarding begins... now.

Lovely post and pics.

Jewels said...

this made me smile for sure - if the chocolate drought is real, I think we're all in trouble!

Misty said...

Well, now I know where to go when this drought takes place...your house! :)

Lyla Lindquist said...

That would be one of the things we stock when the snow starts piling and the wind starts blowing. Blizzard days and no chocolate...dangerous combination...

Love these shots. And the thought.

Anonymous said...

Oh oh... I best go stock up!!!!
xo Catherine

Michelle DeRusha said...

Well yes, I must say I think you are! But then, a look into my cupboards would reveal that I am a cause of the drought, too!

Glynn said...

The government of Ghana is saying there is a shortage of cocoa. Hoard!

Beth said...

Cute!
We just had a chocolate feast tonight at school --the folks bringing desserts for our dinner just happened to be in a chocolate frame of mind! Must be going around. :)

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Who doesn't like chocolate? Great composition ... now I'm craving it. :)

rjerdee said...

haha! Amazing that you can keep so much chocolate in the house...at my house, it would have been eaten long ago. I never bring it home for fear I'll eat it...

Mary said...

oh please no, tell me it's not so!!

i remember my step-mother coming back from a visit and tour to The Hersey Co. she said she just wanted to dive into the massive vats of chocolate!!

thanks for the warning! :) :)

Tracy said...

Chocolate drought... chocolate shortage??!! Really??!! Oh, this is news... I must check the chocolate situation here at home too... and rush out if need be! I feel hungry all of a sudden... ;o) haha... Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Loved this, Susan!

I will be stocking up, this morning.

beth said...

me too. completely guilty !!

Leslie said...

Uh oh. I think I might be guilty too...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Pat at "Back Porch Musings" suggested we come over here, and pay a visit. And right she was. Such a peaceful, calm blog you have here.

Thank you for being in "Pretty Blog Land." :-)

Hugs and ♥'s...
'Cause Valentine Day is coming!

Leovi said...

! Ummmmm chocolate! I love chocolate, beautiful compositions, beautiful pictures ...Saludos

Susan Freeman said...

I heard about this drought and I must say it has put me in a panic!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I'm going to stock up on chocolate. I sure wouldn't want to be left without during the drought! lol Just found your lovely blog via Back porch Musings. Your photography is divine! I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
From one chocoholic to the other!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

oh my, thanks for bringing this to our attention, this is very serious! Note to self: stock up and find new hiding spot from the kids - asap!

Relyn Lawson said...

You make me laugh. I know for sure I contributed.

bj said...

I love this cute post.
I have to tell you a story about Hersheys.
I am olden..73 as of New Year's Eve, 2010....when I was in 2nd grade, waaay back when, my mom and dad divorced. My heart was broken into at least a zillion pieces to have to leave my daddy. I don't have a lot of memory of the 2nd grade...I think I was a little girl lost during that first year...I DO remember what my daddy sent me for Christmas that year. A WHOLE BOX OF HERSHEY CANDY BARS..and a WHOLE BOX OF JUICY FRUIT GUM. Oh, I will never forget it to my dying day. It was, by far, the best Christmas gift I ever received. Was it the sweets?..or was it just because it was from my daddy?...I'm not sure. But, I have never, not one single time in my loooong life, seen a Hershey candy bar without thinking of my sweet dad. Just the mere word, HERSHEY, brings his face to my mind.
sorry to be so long winded...and now...I am missing my daddy...
bwaaaaaaaa

Lucille said...

My father had a stash like yours. And now my brother does too. We were brought up on Cadbury's Dairy Milk so the first Hershey bar I tasted was too strange to like.

Joan Elizabeth said...

A chocolate drought, what a horrible thought. But I actually don't enjoy the flavour or Hershy chocolates ... Cadburys chocolate in England doesn't taste the same Cadbury's chocolate in Australia ... something to do with the stabilisers in the Australian variety because of our hotter weather. Funny isn't it ... how something as simple as chocolate can have regional flavours.

caryjo said...

If chocolate goes away, I'm in real trouble... Hope it's in Heaven.

cristie said...

i'm smiling :) xox

Anne Lang Bundy said...

love chocolate (86% cacoa in particular)
love you!

Lisa said...

HA!
Break open the peanutbutter to dip it in and I am all yours.