Do you remember that the Lord used you to say "Salt" to me when I was sounding too rough or harsh? It was very kindly handled on your side; no complaint on my side. Any time I read this verse, I think of you... and me. [IF my tone of voice is any better now, it's b/c of your obedience to the Lord.]
I wondered too how it all comes to you, so I'm glad the other poster asked. But does the inspiration just come on you or do you take time to just 'be' and then the ideas come forth? You can say so much with simple imagery and words--a salt shaker of all things. Incredible and wonderful.
Thank you for the reminder. I am off to work today with continuing my 30 day challenge to tame my tongue. It is hard when you work entirely with women to always remain positive and encouraging. Perhaps I shall put a salt shaker by my wicket.
Love the questions being asked of you about your inspiration. It's your inspiration - truly a gift and blessing - that makes visiting here every day so special.
They say that salt is like crack for your tastebuds (they're apparently a little snarky). Salt actually does kind of hyper-activate your tastebuds - so that's an interesting metaphor : )
39 comments:
Beautiful encouragement.
Wow, you did again Susan. You are so creative. What comes first, the picture of the words (sort of like the chicken of the egg)?
Andie
I wish I knew how to answer everyone, wouldn't that be great? LOVE the pictures, you are just so creative!
Do you remember that the Lord used you to say "Salt" to me when I was sounding too rough or harsh? It was very kindly handled on your side; no complaint on my side. Any time I read this verse, I think of you... and me. [IF my tone of voice is any better now, it's b/c of your obedience to the Lord.]
I keep thinking it can't be any better over here--and it always is!
Nice. Very, very nice.
pretty blue shaker of words ...
a cup full of grace with a pinch of salt.
Your words of wisdom and encouragement do indeed flavor our days!
good advice, cleverly depicted!!
Usually the images come first, Andie ... in this particular case the words did.
Yes, Joanne, I remember that well. Your words are sweet my friend.
i look at the bare branches on the trees in your header and i think this looks like the branches of coral in our water.
So wonderful...needed to read this tonight. Thank you!
I'm thankful that your photos and writing are always inspirational, God centred and challenging.
I wondered too how it all comes to you, so I'm glad the other poster asked. But does the inspiration just come on you or do you take time to just 'be' and then the ideas come forth?
You can say so much with simple imagery and words--a salt shaker of all things. Incredible and wonderful.
Much food for thought...very good to take into the day. Thank you for the life, Susan :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))
I like that thought!
xo Catherine
great reminder!
Thank you for the reminder.
I am off to work today with continuing my 30 day challenge to tame my tongue. It is hard when you work entirely with women to always remain positive and encouraging. Perhaps I shall put a salt shaker by my wicket.
Love the questions being asked of you about your inspiration. It's your inspiration - truly a gift and blessing - that makes visiting here every day so special.
Yours always are!
Love the cobalt blue
salt shaker.
Awesome!
-Jennifer
amen and amen again. and i love your salt shaker, i have not seen one in blue like this, beautiful shaker beautiful photos
i always hope my words make someone feel better...
and that bird below....wow. is that "red hat" ever fantastic !
They say that salt is like crack for your tastebuds (they're apparently a little snarky). Salt actually does kind of hyper-activate your tastebuds - so that's an interesting metaphor
: )
Of course from the title I was looking for images of a big hairy animal and lots of licking... ;-)
Blessings.
At one time, salt was the equivalent of gold! Good message!
I love this.
Words to live by! I love the cobalt blue salt shaker!
Some day I hope to meet you in person. You are an amazing - light filled and creative woman - so inspiring! Lovely post!
Oh, I start so many days wanting to be salt and ending up with pepper! I love this reminder and I love that blue glass salt shaker.
Yes, I like that blue cobalt salt shaker. Reminds me of some antiques I ran across once.
Words are so powerful and yours are a great reminder. My grandmother had a cobalt salt shaker like that. It's a good memory. :) Thank you.
I've wanted to be one of those gracious ladies that speaks words that season the life of others ... but I've just got to face it ... I'm not. You are.
I love coming here, Susan. You are a rich and generous soul.
Loved that quote a few posts below about the pencil eraser and optimism -- that's a good one!
I talked with your friend Joanne for a good long while this week -- what a gem she is!
You're so creative.
What a great matching of words and photographs!
I wish my words could have such an effect. I know how others' words have impacted me at crucial times of my life - some of your included.
What a wonderful post! And soooo creative!
I find grace here.
Post a Comment