Monday, October 24, 2011

Out of Season ~






never lose
an opportunity
of seeing anything
beautiful
for beauty
is God's handwriting
Ralph Waldo Emerson
: : :
a cactus blossom

32 comments:

Reena said...

So delicate and in such great detail! These are just awesome!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Oh, wow, that's beautiful. I can't believe it's a cactus blossom. Perfect lighting, too.

Landbohaven said...

Hvor er den dog smuk.
Tak for kigget.

Deb said...

stunning....

JofIndia said...

These shots are exquisite, Susan!
Quite amazing...

Heavens2Betsy said...

Your cactus blossom is beautiful and I love the quotation. I've never read Emerson, but I will make a point to do so now as his quotes always take my breath away. penny

MadSnapper n Beau said...

one flower, so much beauty, and so many different looks and views of the same flower. these are really really stunning to me.

Steve Gravano said...

The lighting in the top photo is magnificent! Beautiful series, among your very best work!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Something so delicate ... from a cactus!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

These are so very beautiful! I particularly love the last two where that light and shadows play against each other.

Leslie said...

it looks like a beautiful pink petticoat. wonderful photos, and quote...

Ms. Becky said...

this is lovely. most cacti blooms I see are a more intense color, but I prefer this delicate blossom's shade of blush. happy day to you Susan. love the uplifting quote too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beauty like that is always in season.

cristie said...

splendid beauty perfectly captured...He is everywhere. xox

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Susan! Cactus blooms are often short-lived so it's a joy to see these. Such delicate colours and perfect lighting. The last two shots have such intriguing shadows.

Maureen said...

An exquisite series of images.

Connie Smiley said...

What a stunning blossom, and so perfectly captured. I really love your lighting on the last 2.

Anonymous said...

I hope that my perception of beauty continues to expand in God's Love.

Lyla Willingham Lindquist said...

Cactus in northern Minn. I love that.

Linda said...

This has to be one of the most beautiful flowers I've every seen. Thank you Susan.

Glenda said...

Love that quote! God has written a beautiful story across our world, hasn't He? Your photography is amazing!

Lisa Gordon said...

Susan, these are just beautiful!
I love the delicacy and the color.

Anonymous said...

beautiful analysis Susan :)

Judy Royal Glenn said...

BEAUTIFUL:)

Mommy Emily said...

incredible, how you capture his beauty with your lens. xo

Anonymous said...

Excellent photo capture! Fantastic!
xo Catherine

Kissed-by-the-Wind said...

And you capture the essence of it all,Susan. These are beautiflu and the lighting is exquisite. What kind of Flower?

S. Etole said...

Sue, it is a cactus blossom.

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful. so very delicate. You sure did an excellent job.

beth said...

i never do....i always find the beauty in the little things. something my mom taught me i think :)
xo

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a stunning flower and stunning photography.

Cheptoek said...

WOW! I echo Deb's word.