Sunday, October 16, 2011

Water, Water Everywhere ~

in a
swamp
in a
pond
in a
lake
in a
river
in a
bottle
when the well's dry
we know the worth of water
Benjamin Franklin
: : :
the title
of the post
is taken from
by
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
in its entirety


33 comments:

Anonymous said...

love being near water, whether it is sea, river or a fountain. something soothing about the sound of the water.

Louise Gallagher said...

And water is priceless -- beauty, inspiration, sustenance, it is everything God ever imagined.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beautiful water sources. That is the prettiest swamp I have ever seen!

Reena said...

I love the sea, ocean, lakes, rivers ... such beauty surrounds them as well as the life they give.

ju-north said...

Enjoyed my visit - love seeing where bloggers live!

Beth said...

I always feel better near a body of water--there is a calmness and an energy that I haven't found anywhere else. Mountains are beautiful as are the hills and valleys, but water? Incomparable.
Beautiful photos==lovely tribute.

M. Reka said...

Amazing shots, enjoyed your great work very much!

Short Poems

Tracy said...

So soothing, all this water... beautiful shimmer... And lovely new banner, too, Susan :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

Glynn said...

And water, too, in tears.

Beautiful photos, Susan.

Jennifer Richardson said...

joining you
in the celebration of waterness!
oh what a treasure you are:)
-Jennifer

MadSnapper n Beau said...

every body of water is beautiful, very beautiful, BUT my favorite is the bottle of water. that is really way cool.

Unknown said...

I love the quote by Benjamin Franklin. Great photos. Great post.

Maureen said...

The concept of "the worth of water" is wonderful. I'd like sometime to think about that in the context of a poem.

Relyn Lawson said...

The bottle image is my favorite. Makes me feel dreamy somehow.

Leslie said...

Emily just read that poem for a British Lit class. I'm always amazed at the beauty of your lakes and rivers, and the jewel toned colors of your foliage. We may have spectacular sunsets here in Florida, but you have us beat in the landscaping department!

Marilyn Miller said...

You are truly an artist with your camera.

CLPhoto said...

I love being by the water..it brings me peace. Beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Beautiful words and photos :)

MedaM said...

Fantastic photos dedicated to precious water!

Anonymous said...

As always, gorgeous photos, Susan! I love how God provides. Water is such an essential, but I also appreciate hearing it as well as seeing and consuming. We have a water feature on our back deck so I can hear the trickling whenever I'm out there. It often provides a backdrop for my writing.

SimplyDarlene said...

missing you...

and your view of God's beauty

blessings

Anonymous said...

and little drips and drops falling from the clouds

:-)

Linda said...

Oh yes, the worth of water. This drought has taught us how priceless it is.
I just soaked in these amazing pictures Susan.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Ah yes, water. We need water. Your pictures are lovely.

Yolanda said...

Your photos are beautiful.I always love coming here.What kind of camera do you have.

Anonymous said...

I like that quote ~ so true!
xo Catherine

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Beautiful, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of precious water.
I've just re-visited the poem which I haven't read since school days.

Patricia said...

This is what I love about MN... the water everywhere. Fills my soul... beautiful.

rjerdee said...

Fun link!

Jewels said...

Wonderful water!

Nancy said...

Thanks for reminding us how priceless water really is.....I love being near water...so calming and refreshing....

cristie said...

truer words were never spoken. xox