Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Color Riot ~

autumn
dips
in
pots and smudges

flinging color
like confetti

spots of age
 masquerading
as beauty

41 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

These are just breathtaking! Autumn is so beautiful!

Beverly said...

Your fall photos make me eager to get to Virginia to see the fall color. Your photos are beautiful.

Laura said...

so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful examples of why I love Autumn!

Lori Heyd said...

Oh, I am enjoying these leaves SO much. What a treat, I can almost hear them crunch under my feet :-) You are so talented Susan, and you use it to God's glory! Lori

Tracy said...

Oh, it sure is beautiful... Loving this leaf confetti today, Susan! :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

Glynn said...

It is a season of "decay" but is just as beautiful as the season of "rebirth." Wodnerful photos, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful 'confetti' celebrating the season. Amazing photos, Susan, meaningful words. x

Joan Elizabeth said...

What glorious glorious colour.

annie hoff said...

Beautiful...

Reena said...

Your photos of leaves are just awesome! Being in Florida, I haven't yet seen the changes occurring back home.

Leslie said...

i love the thought of age spots masquerading as beauty marks :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I like to take pictures of colorful fall leaves.

JofIndia said...

I'm becoming all to familiar with those "spots of age" - but, on me, they refuse to masquerade as beauty!

Duane Scott said...

Oh, I love a good riot. :)

caryjo said...

Good photos and creative writing/thinking.

D. N. Rains said...

So beautiful!!

Relyn Lawson said...

sigh. your poetry always makes me sigh with delight.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I'm with Glynn on this one; there's no masquerading here. Those age spots add to the beauty! Ha! Maybe there's something for me to learn in this :-) Gorgeous photos as always, Susan.

Lisa Gordon said...

The colors and light you have captured here are just beautiful. I especially love the first image for its simplicity. Wonderfully done.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the beauty of fall.You have shown it so well.

Anonymous said...

maybe i should paint my age spots too...

Connie Smiley said...

Such lovely poetry to go with your wonderful photos!

Mommy Emily said...

how he masquerades in the colors of fall... how you capture him, friend. thank you. xo

Kissed-by-the-Wind said...

Wonderful as usual. I have been trying to get the falling leaf. Not easy---do you have a secret?

Susan Cowger said...

Your photos are so good they need no words. You say it in the language of beauty so well.

cristie said...

beauty captured leaving me in awe. xox

WhiteStone said...

Ahhh! Is there anything ever so lovely as the color of fall leaves.

Anonymous said...

The sun! The light! The colors! And, then there's this: "Spots of age masquerading as beauty." Really, that is so special.

Anonymous said...

I really, really love this :)

Deb said...

beautiful shots...love the colors of autumn...

MedaM said...

Lovely leaves and wonderful photos!

Anonymous said...

Exquisite photos, Susan, and the perfect words to go with them! God lavishes such beauty on us.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love your autumn beauty

Cheptoek said...

Beee...utiful!!!!

Anna said...

Looks like you've been enjoying and capturing Autumn in a most delightful manner!!! Beautiful shots!

Jewels said...

Very very beautiful! Nice captures.

ELK said...

i relish the different angles you have captured in this autumn series ... colors so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....that color is a feast for the eyes!
xo Catherine

beth said...

"like confetti".....that's so perfect !!

Sandra Heska King said...

No masquerade here. Pure beauty