I agree - I so look forward to fall, but miss summer, too. I am never ready for winter. I do have to say, though, there is nothing more beautiful that a full moon shining on a yard full of snow. Oh, my! Do I dread it or look forward to it? Maybe both...
This fall has been so exquisite and I shall miss the beauty we have shared. Yet, I look forward to what winter brings. It is hard to let go and enter in to another season. It is calling us even as we share the waning beauty of this autumn...a single leaf ushers in....
to me there is beauty in the death of the leaves, and the tree stays strong and living and brings more leaves to life. just like we do, the passing of seasons even in our lives.
We are at the other end exiting winter into spring and getting frustrated that it won't warm up fast enough. The annual cycle is the beauty of it all, something to look forward to, something to lament. A lovely post.
Beautiful perspective: another ring of life. And the scripture fits so well because we know after winter there is spring.
Here in southeastern Ohio, the seasons are confused a bit. We have 3 warring for center stage. Summer is stubbornly refusing to exit the stage, fall is shoving hard as frantic winter tries to get a foot up on stage. And my closets of clothes and shoes are just as confused as summer was taken out but some ended up close by in a laundry basket for the 80 degree days that squeeze in at least once a week.
Loved your two other posts that I missed commenting on: beautiful photos---loved the whirl of colors: good representation of sensory overload. :>)
23 comments:
Surely winter will be upon us soon.Part of me longs for that and the other part dreads it.Long cold evenings can get very lonely.
Your header is beautiful, and your leaf looks like it has been dipped in diamonds.
I agree - I so look forward to fall, but miss summer, too. I am never ready for winter. I do have to say, though, there is nothing more beautiful that a full moon shining on a yard full of snow. Oh, my! Do I dread it or look forward to it? Maybe both...
Yep. This is the time of year... the gorgeous colors one moment, and then they are on the ground, dying and dead. Serioity hits again.
This fall has been so exquisite and I shall miss the beauty we have shared. Yet, I look forward to what winter brings. It is hard to let go and enter in to another season. It is calling us even as we share the waning beauty of this autumn...a single leaf ushers in....
Perfect verse for this post!
I agree with Ginny's comment about the diamonds... beautiful.
You, yourself, are a true gem!
It is a cycle, ordained. Beautiful post, Susan.
Ahhhhhh.....you capture such beauty! Love this!
I like that your photo shows both ending (leaf) and life-giving source/renewal/new life (drops of rain).
Love how the rings tell the story.
wow....another ring added to the tree
of this life.
what a thought!
I love looking at it that way.
You are such a joy!
love and thanks,
Jennifer
to me there is beauty in the death of the leaves, and the tree stays strong and living and brings more leaves to life. just like we do, the passing of seasons even in our lives.
Your title is so fitting . . . sometimes the things that cause us to lament precede something beautiful.
I have missed your wonderful photos and words of truth that are always bound together......and these are no exception.....
I actually look forward to every season as they bring gifts of their own for us to enjoy......
oh yes, the growth rings!
what a beautiful post and blog..thanks for sharing..loves soraya
We are at the other end exiting winter into spring and getting frustrated that it won't warm up fast enough. The annual cycle is the beauty of it all, something to look forward to, something to lament. A lovely post.
It feels like winter is just around the corner here this morning! Brrrrr....
xo Catherine
How lovely!
Beautiful perspective: another ring of life. And the scripture fits so well because we know after winter there is spring.
Here in southeastern Ohio, the seasons are confused a bit. We have 3 warring for center stage. Summer is stubbornly refusing to exit the stage, fall is shoving hard as frantic winter tries to get a foot up on stage.
And my closets of clothes and shoes are just as confused as summer was taken out but some ended up close by in a laundry basket for the 80 degree days that squeeze in at least once a week.
Loved your two other posts that I missed commenting on: beautiful photos---loved the whirl of colors: good representation of sensory overload. :>)
I like water droplets on a leaf, they look like diamonds!
Our leaves have only been turning for about a week. Oh, they do make me happy.
Post a Comment