Friday, October 7, 2011

A First ~

on my first
and only visit
ever
to Starbucks
 I discovered
this delectable little goody
a carrot cake cupcake
slathered in
melt-in-your-mouth
goodness
it disappeared so quickly
I was sure it must have been a dream
about half-a-dozen
of those dreams
would do nicely
: : :
the message
on the bag proffers
that it
flavors my senses
sweetens my disposition
stirs my imagination
nourishes my dreams

36 comments:

JofIndia said...

Just a little sweetness can go a long, long way..

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I'll have two!!!!

Tracy said...

mmm...so pretty, so delicious... Cake that nourishes dreams... I'll have a bite please! ;o) Wishing you a dreamy, creative weekend, Susan ((HUGS))

Glynn said...

And they're low-cal, low-fat, too. I think. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Joan Elizabeth said...

It would be good if a sweet disposition was as simple as eating a cup cake.

Steve Gravano said...

Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... a little sweet treat once in awhile does the soul good. :)
xo Catherine

cristie said...

so small...so pretty...great marketing. xox

Maureen said...

The sweets are better than the coffee.

Have a wonderful weekend, Susan.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

a tasty treat and a beautiful bag with a beautiful sentiment and also a beautiful photo. my hubby's favorite cake is carrot cake.

Patricia said...

Oh, that looks so good. Did you have a coffee, too?

Valerie Kamikubo said...

The bag didn't say anything about it "broadening your waistline" did it? :-)

Leslie said...

In my youth, I worked in a restaurant that served the most delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and chopped walnuts on top. One of my jobs was to bake the cakes. Yum!!! (Can you believe I never wrote down the recipe?)

Vicky said...

How delish looking! I go so very little, its such a treat when I do and yesterday I got to go with a writer friend. We both had pumpkin spice lattes and I may have to splurge one more time this season!!

I hope this won't be your last visit any time soon :)

Anonymous said...

sweetens
stirs
nourishes

sounds like your blog to me...

caryjo said...

Yep. I agree. Not being a Starbucks [coffee] person, I still will take some spiced chai [however they do it; whatever they call it] and some lovely bit such as the carrot "cake"... love stuff like that. Glad you had a good time there.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Bad post to ready while my tummy is grumbling.This looks yummy. Now I need to find some food for me. :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is this one of their mini cupcakes? They are so good, you should try the red velvet! I can't believe you have never been to a Starbucks! So how was the coffee?

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Delicious....

Carolyn said...

Looks delicious! Amazing how food evokes so many emotions. I feel a rare trip to Starbuck coming on myself.
Carolyn

Linda said...

All that and delicious too! I have a Starbucks gift card languishing in my purse. Perhaps I need to nourish my dreams :-)

Rose said...

sounds yummy!!!

S. Etole said...

I'm not a coffee drinker so that's why I hadn't been there before.

There were no disclaimers about it broadening a person's horizons!

Jewels said...

Ah yum! I can imagine the coffee went well with it!!!

Laura said...

And does it? Do all those things? Just wondering...

Sending you so much love, Susan. Your photos are always such a sweet pause in my day.

Mari said...

I think I need one too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice Starbucks-visit.
The cupcake looks realy sweet, no wonder if it disappeared so quickly. ;-)
Have a nice weekend!
Ulrike

Anonymous said...

that is why i make my own :) making red velvet cupcakes today... waiting for them to cool down right now.

Unknown said...

and Yummm Yummmm. I bet they are low calorie, But then who cares.

Beth said...

I've discovered some of the best carrot cake at coffee shops! This indeed looks delicious although I prefer the layer cake approach--more icing! :>)

Emily Young said...

That looks yummy... and those paper Starbucks bags are my favorite!

Jennifer Richardson said...

that is one ambitious
little cupcake!
Hope it was as sweet
as your photo:)
-Jennifer

Sandra Heska King said...

A chai latte would go good with one of those . . .

beth said...

yum....i never go to starbucks unless i'm in the airport, but the hubby almost lives there.....but i think you have given me a new reason to visit !!

Duane Scott said...

half a dozen dreams… I love it! :)

Kerri Farley said...

YUM-O!