{clicking will enlarge}
the friend who can be silent
with us in a moment of despair or confusion
who can stay with us in an hour of
grief and bereavement
who can tolerate not knowing
not healing
not curing
that is a friend
who cares
Henri Nouwen
: : :






35 comments:
What a beautiful quote about a true friend! Lovely!
xo Catherine
Beautifully told and shown!
Oh, yes, the hallmark of a good friend...Lovely words! And LOVELY are these images, Susan... The butterfly's wings almost seem like flower petals themselves... dazzling! Happy Day ((HUGS))
I am never buying/giving another stgore bought sympathy card again. This says it all... my heart is full.
You, your artistry, the quotes, they are treasured "cards" to me. I love opening them!
Amen!! What beautiful connections you made this day. They bespeak love.
That is one of my favorite Nouwen quotes.So often people think they must say something; it's enough just to sit and be silent.
Lovely images. Butterflies are so enchanting.
Perfect...
Oh, orange! My favorite!
i love this quote - and the butterfly is always such a beautifully hopeful creature... (also love the autumn header)
beautiful colors....beautiful quote...
The pictures are radiant Susan!
What a wonderful quote. I want to be such a friend - to not always need to find the perfect word to make everything better, but simply to be there.
A perfect understanding of grief
The butterfly images and quote go together so well.
You have really out done yourself.
These are fantastic. I know you are proud of these, and the quote is great.
I just looked at your post again,and realized the last photo is two butterflys.
Thats a double WOW !!!!!!
The vibrancy and detail in those photos are pure delight. How lucky to not only capture the one, but then to see two! But what puts me over the edge is how you've paired it with one of my favorite all time quotes!
Very beautiful colors!!! Love the poem too. That is a great description of a friend.
I love that quote too!
These photos are breathtaking and most fitting for these beautiful words.
Carolyn
Be still my heart.......Wow!
To have a friend like this, such a gift. As are your photos. What a glorious moth! Beautiful, Susan.
You never disappoint! Gorgeous shots!
the poem ..the photos ~~ so fabulous~
Words fail so let me just stare a while.
Henri knew whereof he spoke.
That butterfly and flower look made for each other ... just like true friends.
yes, sometimes a friend's presence is all that is needed.
OH your header!
And those beautiful fluttery
celebrations of Autumn life!
And those words dripping with
wisdom and eternity.
Oh such a fantastic gift you've given and I'm so much the richer
for it.
Thank you, friend.
-Jennifer
I'm reminded of Job's friends who initially sat with him in his despair, but then blew it by offering advice and concern. Perhaps the silence was too much for them. Henri says it perfectly. I love the new header, Susan.
the butterfly and flower look like very good friends.
A match made in heaven....the butterfly and the flower!
donna
Oh, so true. The friend that sits with you and is just there, no matter the circumstance, is a true friend. I love that quote.
And the photos--again, so exquisite. The colors that blend, the stillness of the butterfly, the angles, the crispness--such a beautiful capture of God's gentle creation made for each season.
It's been a while since I have written so I have not stopped by. This was such a refreshing moment.
Thank you, Susan,
Janis
lovely words to keep and treasure, and the photos are spectacular. I enlarged each one and the colors are amazing. you've captured the essence of autumn in all its glory. happy day to you Susan!
makes me wonder if i said too much a couple of days ago. xox
It's often hard to know what to say during difficult times. Love spoken in silence is better than a hasty word.
Your images are rich with colour and beauty. I didn't discover the butterfly on the first photo until I had scrolled to the second. Then I went back up and saw it. Gorgeous!
Golden silence. Love these words and these photos.
Post a Comment