Friday, October 21, 2011

Finis ~



: : :
what matters
isn't being applauded
when you arrive
~ for that is common ~
but being missed
when
you leave
Baltasar Gracian


32 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quote, to leave your mark, and to be missed. Love the pictures. I will miss the flowers as we journey through fall and winter, but that will only make spring more welcome.
Andie

JofIndia said...

What a superb image you have captured in that frosted chrysanthemum: frozen but resplendent..

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love the quote. The flowers look equally as lovely with the frost on them.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Such a true quote!!! And the flower is beautiful!!! What is it, a zinnia?

Linda said...

I love the quote too Susan, but those pictures. Breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

amazingly lovely flowers. i haven't taken any photos of flowers for awhile now...hummm

cristie said...

isn't that the truth. lovely photos to match a nice thought. xox

Louise Gallagher said...

The beauty your photos reveal is breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet quote and what gorgeous pictures.

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a great photo story when matched with that quote. And isn't that pink just fabulous.

Glynn said...

We're getting closer and closer to frost here in St. Louis. Right now, our tomato plants -- which struggled witht he drought this summer in spite of ongoing watering -- have decided to produce more tomatoes than even the squirrels can carry off. But the season of frost is approaching.

Wonderful images here, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Oh oh ~ it looks like Jack Frost was in your garden! :(

xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dahlias!

I love this quote Susan.

Christine said...

I can't believe we still have flowers blooming in our yard, it's great, but I do fear the end is near, they will be missed

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful quote and photos. I guess it's getting cold there, this is the first frost photo I've seen since last year!

Nancy said...

Have you thought about putting all your beautiful pictures and words into a book. I would surely be the first to buy one.....

As usual your combination of words and pictures are a beautiful marriage....

Michelle DeRusha said...

What a perfect quote to go with those photos. I miss seeing my cheery zinnia blooms through my kitchen window. Two days ago they turned brown in an overnight frost. I still have to pull up the withered stalks. Fall is hard sometimes -- a rush of beauty and then the still grey.

Maureen said...

Wonderful quote and a perfect pairing with your images.

Leslie said...

the frost is so pretty... almost deceitfully so, as it withers so indiscriminately...

Unknown said...

The frost is the fat lady singing I guess

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers, and wonderful quote.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And I love the quote!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos as always, Susan! I love the increasing clarity of backgrounds until the frosted blossom is set against trees becoming barren of leaves. There is melancholy at this time of year, but oh so much beauty, too.

Mari said...

Great quote - and I'm going to miss my flowers too.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Beautiful quote and thought. How many times have friends left to return home, and there's an emptiness left behind?
The photos are lovely. I really like the frost on the last flower. It makes it look like the flower has been dusted with jewels.

Blessings,
Janis

rjerdee said...

Ah, frost on the dahlias...heartbreaking.

Lucille said...

I have so enjoyed catching up with all your posts. Feeling the approaching chill here too.

MedaM said...

Quotes goes great with fantastic photos of lovely chrysanthemum!

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh wow. oh WOW!
What a beautifully captured
story in the progression
of a season
and the life of a flower.
And that quote....oh it all
makes my heart swoon.
THANK you for such a wonderful share!
-Jennifer

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Dazzling photos, Susan! I really like the quote too.

Emily Young said...

Frost is so pretty..... it looks like fairy crystals. I bet it feels cold though :)

Anita Johnson said...

This is just stunning! We have had a few mornings with frost...but my flowers are already gone.