Monday, September 3, 2012

Taste And See ~




She makes the most wonderful
homemade bagels
*  *  *
"We taste and feel and see the truth.
We do not reason ourselves into it."
William Butler Yeats
*  *  *
Taste and see that the Lord is good ...
Psalm 34:8a
 


24 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

bring on the bagels, i do so love them and home baked are the best. beautiful photos of beautiful fruit

Tracy said...

BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS...mmm... Love seeing the gourds/pumpkins. :o) Happy week, Susan ((HUGS))

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful photos, I don't know about the bagels, I've been told you can't find good bagels outside New York. Unfortunately, my limited travel experience had confirmed this. On the other hand, homemade has got to be good!

Beth said...

Great-looking produce! Yesterday was the first Sat. since late May that I didn't arise early to make the Farmers' Market when it opened. The last Sat. in Aug. was the last of the FM until next year and I'm missing it.

Love those pumpkins! I will soon be buying some to display on my porch for the Pumpkin Festival. That one has some 'growth' issues with whatever that black stuff is. I like the squat, plump one esp.:>)
You could easily grip it by its 'love handles'. Ha!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I need to get out to the farmer's market more often... thanks for the reminder :-)

Breathtaking said...

Hi!! Everything looks so fresh and wonderfully appetizing.Excellent photos.

joyce said...

Don't know that I've ever seen a "warty" pumpkin before! Great photos, make me hungry.

Anonymous said...

It all looks pretty good....
and
good quote.

Anonymous said...

I love stands like this one. Looks like she has canned beets, pickles etc. too. I love bagels with cream cheese!

ju-north said...

Made and grown with love!

Jennifer Richardson said...

so beautiful
and so tasty too:)
thank you for making me
dream and think
in color:)
-jennifer

Jennifer Richardson said...

so beautiful
and so tasty too:)
thank you for making me
dream and think
in color:)
-jennifer

Ruth Hiebert said...

It all looks so good. Homemade bagels sound super good.

Linda said...

I love that Susan - "we do not reason ourselves into it. Amen!
The pictures make me happy!

Mari said...

Fresh fruit and veggies are the best! So is homemade bread. Love the verse you included!

Relyn Lawson said...

She looks like a wild gypsy grandmother, full of stories and laughter.

Claudia said...

good reminders, especially to get out to the farmer's market before it's gone!

Linda P said...

I like the photo of the stallholder. She
reminds me of the ladies on market day in Italy with their traditional headscarves.
Colourful produce, too.

Louise Gallagher said...

what beautiful bounty!

Unknown said...

What a yummy post. In fact a bagel sounds pretty good right about now..

Hugs~

Vicky said...

I'm so hungry right now- and a home made bagel sounds divine. With some of those cut up fresh veggies- you'd have a great meal!

Anonymous said...

mmmm.... wonderful delicious colors!
xo Catherine

Joan Elizabeth said...

I've never seen a pumpkin with green pimples on it before. Such glorious fresh colours in these images.

caryjo said...

Was this at Fosston? If so, I'm sure you had a loverly time, as usual.