Monday, September 17, 2012

"I Can't Seem To Forget You"

I saw them
dancing in the ditches
and wondered
at the rhythm in the
windsong
that they heard
as a young woman
I enjoyed the
fragrance
and its accompanying tune
by
 Prince Matchabelli
*  *  *
I will not forget you
I have carved you on the palms
of my hands
from
Isaiah 49:15-16


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty photo, sweet memory, and a wonderful Bible passage.

Mary said...

Oh I remember that fragrance.
Wildflowers are my favorite flowers.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

That was a trip down memory lane :-)

Sandra Heska King said...

That carving--what a sweet fragrance it releases.

Windsong stays on my mind...

Anonymous said...

How lovely!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

i like your words above the photo.
and the flowers too.

CDScott said...

As soon I as saw the title of your post, that song ran through my head. Funny how we retain certain things from our past. I haven't thought of that song in decades! Love the image too.

Terra said...

Oh the free spirited dancing, and God's promise he will not forget us.

Diana said...

I do believe we share a lot of the same memories, Susan! This is lovely - thanks for the jaunt back in time and the beautiful photo - as always.

ju-north said...

Very poignant!

Breathtaking said...

Poignant words indeed, I could almost smell the fragrance.Love the
the picture of the windswept flowers.
Regards.

Muffy's Marks said...

Love your post today, I can almost smell those lovely flowers and the sweet grasses around them.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

they do look like they are dancing to the music...

SimplyDarlene said...

Miss S - Oh, how do you do it each time? That pairing of images and quotes and verses... and now with video clips too!

You see 'em dancing and I hear 'em talking, great minds and all that jive, aye?

Blessings.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I always love seeing how God speaks through you, my friend. Love this.

Louise Gallagher said...

You awake beauty in all my senses.

Maureen said...

'Windsong. . . stays on my mind': I didn't even have to go to the video to remember that. Fascinating that music stays with us, even after all these years.

Jennifer Richardson said...

i liked it too....windsong stays
on my mind:)
this is beautiful
and so awesome to remember
how we're so unforgettable
to one:)
-Jennifer

Linda said...

I love that verse Susan. I hadn't imagined the dancing flowers hearing music. You make my heart smile.

Lori Heyd said...

Oh Susan, I remember that song and the commercial. One of my favorite Bible verses also. Lori

Susan said...

Just beautiful!!!!

caryjo said...

And, of course, one of my favorite verses forever and ever. Always makes me feel at Home with my Father and Received by Him. [Love the flowers, too, of course.]

Unknown said...

Looks like they are doing the happy dance to me.

Hugs~

cristie said...

i love that scripture. xox

Gayle said...

New beginnings in the season and in our lives. Have a blessed Sunday Susan, I appreciate your visits and encoragement.