Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembrance ~

for those who have
 experienced
the absence of
 a dear one's presence
Music I heard with you was more than music,
 and bread I broke with you was more than bread.
 Now that I am without you, all is desolate;
 all that was once so beautiful is dead.”
Conrad Aiken
*  *  * 

21 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Amen and yet life goes on.It has to.

Anonymous said...

A day of sadness and remembrance.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

that rose is magnificent and the quote is perfect for today.

Linda said...

A touching tribute Susan.

Anonymous said...

oh what a photo
it serves well today

Glenda said...

So fitting for today . . . a day of remembrance. I also think of my friend who just lost her husband so unexpectedly.

Glenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caryjo said...

I sure will never forget where I was when 9/11 hit... and of course you won't forget, either. For us to spend those first days together was quite a challenge. Dave's phone call to tell us to turn on the TV was the beginning of that whole phase.

Bless you and your loving heart.

cristie said...

loss feels so empty. xox

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

A lovely remembrance, Susan.

Beth said...

Beautiful tribute--powerful in its simplicity.
I find myself irritated that due to Ohio's new standards and new evaluation system of teachers (50% is on student achievement), I cenered my attention on the awful pretest I had to give and lost sight of 9-11. I ALWAYS have a lesson of poetry and song on that day---I did not this year. Sigh. I truly believe that we Americans are dumbing down this generation of kids. Tests do not educate--do not expand one's world but poetry, music, literature of all kinds, etc. does. Again--SIGH. Oh and an "Ughhh!"

Unknown said...

This country will never forget.. What a touching post. And a beautiful photos.

Hugs~

Valerie Kamikubo said...

The image and words... beautiful.

Susan said...

Wonderful and so true!

Marilyn Miller said...

Nice quote and yes, definitely true. Lovely, lovely photo too.

Dagmar said...

Oh Susan thank you so very much for these words. Couldn't come to me in a better moment than this.
And the heavy Rose (I'm guessing it's a New Dawn one) looks beautiful even if it can bearly carry it's load.

Hugs Dagmar

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful remembrance. Beautiful words.

Leslie said...

a beautiful remembrance, susan.

Sandra Heska King said...

Oh my...All then was more than. But can be now, too.

Jennifer Richardson said...

how hauntingly beautiful.
-Jennifer

Jennifer Richardson said...

how hauntingly beautiful.
-Jennifer