Friday, September 7, 2012

The Other Side ~

on one side of the screen door
wishing to be on
 the other
{a little click will enlarge}
"The moment one gives close attention to anything...
 it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
 Henry Miller
*  *  *

27 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

Oh kitty is so lovely and the screen adds an artlike texture ... great.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Oh so sweet. What an expression! Wonderful capture.. love that it's through a screen door.
Have a beautiful weekend, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Such a terrific photo of Callie. She is just beautiful.

Beth said...

Your timing and talent at snapping that camera at the right moment is truly a gift from God. You capture not just the essence of Cali but of kittens and even grown up cats wanting to be outside.
Incredible photo and heart-tugging.

Tracy said...

Sweet kitty...I just want to cuddle her! So much wonder in life, and she's just discovering it all :o) Happy Days, Susan ((HUGS))

Kerri Farley said...

So adorable!!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

No doubt, she's thinking about honing her hunting skills.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i like the texture the screen puts on the fur, so precious

SimplyDarlene said...

ah, where do you find all these terrifically quote? i really like this one.

i clicked for the large view... she is purty and obviously looking for her susie gal.

blessings.

Louise Gallagher said...

As always, a beautiful reminder of the wonder and awe in our world.

and... in my house, Marley the Great Cat, gave up sitting at the screen looking out, he clawed a big hole in it! :)

Vicky said...

Oh wishful- and wistful too I think... that is quite the look you captured. Wouldn't you just like to know if we really can read their expressions and know how they feel? I often wonder...

Linda P said...

The texture of the screen gives a painterly quality and I agree with Vicky - there's a wistful look in that expression - 'when can I go and explore the big, wide, world?' Have a lovely weekend with your sweet kitty.

Anonymous said...

Haha ~ that grass is always greener no? Such a little cutie!

Wishing you a beautiful weekend!
xo Catherine

ju-north said...

What a great pic!

Leslie said...

nice texture (and i know just how she feels...)

Anonymous said...

this looks really pretty.

Susan said...

What a little doll!!!!! Precious!

rjerdee said...

Will kitty be going outside any time soon?

Marilyn Miller said...

Oh I have a kittie that is there too, dreaming of chasing squirrels and savoring the sunshine.

S. Etole said...

Becky, I don't know that I'll let her outside this fall. She is pretty small.

helen tilston said...

A beautiful cat and the message is also wonderful
Have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting
Helen xx

Unknown said...

She is so cute.. And what a wonderful quote.. Hope you are enjoying your weekend..

Hugs~

Jennifer Richardson said...

that photo looks so dreamlike
...as if you snapped it during
a sweet dream and found it on
your bedside table when you woke up.
priceless:)
and that quote....another one
i'm writing down in my book
(so many i get from you!)
-jenn

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Such a sweetie. Hope y'all are getting along well.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Such a sweetie. Hope y'all are getting along well.

Lisa said...

So very sweet and oh how I love little ones.

cristie said...

"to dream the impossible dream." xox