I would never think to make a 'still-life' of acorns and a feather; yet they work so well together and the deeper meaning is 'icing on the cake'---lovely. And I can't remember the last time I saw an acorn, so I'm not sure if Ohio's looks like yours or not---yours are quite pretty with wonderful feathery texture.
Such tender, sweet beauty, these acorns, the feather only adds to the wondrous-ness... Small beginnings, I'll gladly take those any day. :o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
That always amazes me. When I think of the Redwood or many other trees that begin with what we would refer to as next to nothing. And, yet, it's another proof that God is bigger!
I love these thoughts Susan. how they compliment each other, it's perfection. along with your photos. you always remind me of the most important moments.
The acorns we have around here don't have a fringed edge like that ... these are so pretty in your photograph.
Your quote reminded me of when we lived in a street lined with oaks. Being my usual lazy gardening self I didn't rake up the leaves until well into spring or maybe it was as late as summer or the next autumn. To my horror I found I also had to weed out dozens and dozens of little oak trees.
30 comments:
these are the most beautiful acorns I have ever seen. and i never really thought about all the grand and wonderful trees that come from them.
Beautiful photo and quotes and a thought provoking post.
I love that. A little acorn real estate. :)
The digging and planting by squirrels already has begun.
Great pairing of images and words.
I love those acorns! I haven't ever seen any like those in California. They almost have a textile quality to them.
so much contained in the small...
my oak tree is loaded again this year...i hear them beginning to fall on my tin roof. such a sweet sound to me.
precious photo of Callie...such sweetness.
I love the Oaks. The ones growing on my property are still no more than 4 feet tall,but one day they too will house the birds and animals.
Acorns are so pretty and they hold the potential for a mighty tree, like the parable of the mustard seed.
I love these acorns. They are different from the acorns in my part of the world. They have a lovely ragged cap...so pretty.
Carolyn
acorns have such a huge story,
don't they!
i love this!
and you:)
-Jennifer
I love the Oak trees produced by the acorn!!!
Lovely!
feathery
I would never think to make a 'still-life' of acorns and a feather; yet they work so well together and the deeper meaning is 'icing on the cake'---lovely. And I can't remember the last time I saw an acorn, so I'm not sure if Ohio's looks like yours or not---yours are quite pretty with wonderful feathery texture.
What beautiful acorns. I can't resist picking them up when I go walking.
Those are unusual acorns! Love them and the verse too!
I love the oak tree. Beautiful beautiful blog.
Such tender, sweet beauty, these acorns, the feather only adds to the wondrous-ness... Small beginnings, I'll gladly take those any day. :o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
i LOVE the furry caps on your acorns (appropriate for your wintry climes)
I've never seen acorns like yours but everything about the life of the oak tree is awesome.
Nicely done....love that verse!
Those Acorns are beautiful. Autumn is right around the corner. I can't wait..
Hugs~
That always amazes me. When I think of the Redwood or many other trees that begin with what we would refer to as next to nothing. And, yet, it's another proof that God is bigger!
This is one of my memory verses Susan. It encourages me no end. The pictures, as always, are a perfect compliment to the words.
I love these thoughts Susan. how they compliment each other, it's perfection. along with your photos.
you always remind me of the most important moments.
You have such a gift w/ how your pair your photos with quotes and/or verses...Thanks, Susan :)
"out of small and simple things, are great things brought to pass." xox
Saw so many of those last weekend. Hope some of them survive the bears' feasting.
The acorns we have around here don't have a fringed edge like that ... these are so pretty in your photograph.
Your quote reminded me of when we lived in a street lined with oaks. Being my usual lazy gardening self I didn't rake up the leaves until well into spring or maybe it was as late as summer or the next autumn. To my horror I found I also had to weed out dozens and dozens of little oak trees.
Perfect for a table as a centerpiece. I have acorn design at my makati condominiums but not as like what's on the photo. :)
Post a Comment