Thursday, November 3, 2011

Twists and Turns ~

life
can get
 complicated
 twisted
 and dark
 we need light
to see
the big picture
: : :
"Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light."
Oliver Wendell Holmes

26 comments:

Tracy said...

Such interesting thoughts... We humans are naturally seekers of truth, I think. Love the light in these images and the almost abstractness, Susan :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

I love these curly cues ~ cute!
Have a beautiful weekend friend!
xo Catherine

Louise Gallagher said...

I love seeing the world through the light in your eyes!

Thank you.

JofIndia said...

What beautifully rich colour and artistry..

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the photos are really really interesting. i like the twist and turns, very different but beautiful.

Lyla Willingham Lindquist said...

We need light. Thank you, Susan.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Thanks for all the ways that you bring light and life into our lives.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, Susan. Wishing you a very nice weekend.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Amen!!!

Anonymous said...

hum....light, truth and big pictures and pumpkin pie.

Leslie said...

THAT'S for sure! Love the twisty things - are they part of the pumpkin vine?

Vicky said...

Such wisdom in your lesson... seek the light, illuminate the truth... amen.

Thank you for the gift of your unique perspective and allowing me to learn anew through your eyes.

Anna said...

This is a fun post - love how you've woven together the words and images!

Sandy K. said...

I do so enjoy your posts - and lovely illustrations. You make me think, and smile:). Very good things to do on a daily basis! It's good to be back.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What on earth IS this curlicue thing? You find the most interesting things!

Mari said...

I love those tendrils. These are all great shots!

Michelle DeRusha said...

I couldn't figure out what those curly-cues were at first...till I saw the big picture.

I just love the way you see life, Susan.

Rick said...

How true, without The Light !

Emily Young said...

I love how you captured the details of the twisty things!

http://emilygyoung.com/theessentialemily

Lisa Gordon said...

Great photos, and a wonderful quote!
Sending you wishes for a great start to your week!

Beth said...

Patience to wait and see the big picture or rather to trush in the fact that He knows the big picture and not to go by our small glimpses---that's the tough part.
Wonderful post.

ELK said...

lovely series of twists ~

Mommy Emily said...

i love the angles of these photographs, and the way light always shines through your words...

beth said...

the lack of sunshine is already getting to me....and it's only been 2 days. oh no. it's going to be a long winter.

Sandra Heska King said...

Trying to see the big picture through the twists. Or at least trusting there is one. :)

Connie said...

Your images are food enough, but as illustrations to truth...wow