Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Camera's "Back" ~

the challenge
from HCF
PhotoPlay
was
to take photos
while lying on your back
my camera
was able to comply
even though
I couldn't



it certainly
offers
one
different perspective

33 comments:

Maureen said...

That's one smart camera, to take commands like that.

It's been fun to see what the photographers have come up with for this prompt.

The angles make for interesting perspectives in those first two images.

spread your wings said...

it offers a different view for sure. i like the curtain photo.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I think that I like the bricks the best. I always enjoy the odd angle though.

Glynn said...

Striking photos, Susan.

Vicky said...

Indeed it does- refreshing! Through "fresh eyes" I think :) And I love that although you can't turn onto your back, it didn't HOLD you back in any way! Well done!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Ever see the movie "Vertigo"?

Steve Gravano said...

Great job. I could handle being on my back...
but I might not be able to get up!

Patricia said...

well done! Love the light with the brick wall... fascinating!

Anonymous said...

totally different perspectives. makes for images that one would not think of otherwise...

caryjo said...

I loved seeing the rooms I'm so familiar with... but from a thoroughly different angle. Cool!

Nancy said...

We could apply this same principal to the way we look at thing going on sometimes.......

I love the shot of the ceiling.....great idea

Mari said...

Very cool shots with that perspective!

Kissed-by-the-Wind said...

Love this exercise and the unique perspective it provides. gotta' try it--I might feel a little like a turtle though.

annie hoff said...

Brilliant photos. I've recently joined a drawing group. To practice perspective I attempted to draw the bathroom while lying on my back (actually I lay down in the bath - which was empty!)
I can only conclude, my drawings weren't half as good as your photos!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Wow it sure does offer a different perspective. What a great idea.

Louise Gallagher said...

It is an interesting perspective -- and it offers up a different view.

Well done!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I like these different perspective look! Nice

Reena said...

What a fun exercise ... like those bricks!

Leslie said...

i love that first shot. is it in your home, or perhaps your church?

S. Etole said...

Leslie, it's the LR ceiling in my home.

Anonymous said...

An interesting exercise that reminds us how important it is to look up! We miss so much in the naval-gazing of everyday. :)

Ms. Becky said...

thanks for the lofty perspective! these are unusual and splendid shots. happy day to you Susan.

Lisa Gordon said...

Really neat perspective!
I love the second one.

Jennifer Richardson said...

blessings to you and your back;
your camera speaks so well
from your heart:)
-Jennifer

Mommy Emily said...

gorgeous friend! love the way the shadows play with light in these shots...

Emily Young said...

I love the brick - the lighting is fascinating!

http://emilygyoung.com/theessentialemily

Tracy said...

VERY fun, Susan! I'm especially loving the different perspective of the window at the bottom... and not least the sweet softness of the curtains, like waves... :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

It's all up from here, Susan. :)

Kathy Robbins said...

I like all of them: but the middle one the best. Great shots!

Joyce said...

I like the different view! I'm glad your camera is back in your hands. xo

Claudia said...

loving these different perspectives! I always forget to look up & down, or like you say let the camera do it, it's fun to see what you capture :)

Dagmar said...

Hi there my friend,
I do this a lot, looking up and pointing my camera the same way.
Give one great views.
And don't tell me that ceeling is in your home? Uh I LOOOVE it.
Have a great sunday.
Sending out wonderful prayers for you my dear.
Hugs Dagmar

cristie said...

love this perspective. xox