Sunday, November 27, 2011

A New Season ~

Lord Jesus
Master of both the light and the darkness
send your Holy Spirit
upon our preparations for Christmas
we who have so much to do
seek quiet spaces
to hear your voice each day
we who are anxious over many things
look forward to
your coming among us
we who are blessed
in so many ways
long for the complete joy
of your kingdom.
we whose hearts are heavy
seek the joy of your presence
we are your people
walking in darkness
yet
seeking the light
to you
we say
“Come Lord Jesus!”
Henri Nouwen

42 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i am blinded by the glory of the piano keys photo and by this most wonderful prayer. thank you

Lyla Willingham Lindquist said...

Indeed, come, Lord Jesus.

Beautiful words you've shared here. The photo? Oh, my. Love the images you've blended there.

ju-north said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty.

cristie said...

amen. xox

Anonymous said...

Such a magical photo! Lovely!
xo Catherine

caryjo said...

Come, YES, Come. That's all I care about... whether it's coming to my heart or the final step onto our planet to take total victory.

Jennifer Richardson said...

Oh beautiful you,
THANK you for this!
My heart is sipping slowly
and I'm feeling nourished
already.
Seasons grace,
Jennifer

Maureen said...

Nouwen's words are a welcome gift, given through you. Blessings during this Advent season.

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing Henri Nouwen's words...Just what I needed to hear today....

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I am so grateful to find myself at the beginning of this Advent season. Nouwen's words and your photo have helped make my first step into this particular Advent, a grace-filled moment. Thanks.

Linda said...

He truly is all we could ever wish for. This is such a beautiful thought for this lovely season.

Mommy Emily said...

oh susan. the holy spirit is in this prayer, here. i am weeping. thank you.

Anonymous said...

in these dark days of winterness, it is good to think of Jesus as my light.

Steve Gravano said...

Great collage and prayer.

Glynn said...

It's Advent, and we're waiting.

Susan Cowger said...

How many ways can I say AMEN! Blessings to you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a beautiful prayer! As I read it, I knew I would be copying it. Then at the end I see it was written by Nouwen, one of my favorite writers! I have many of his books, his writing is like poetry! Which book did you get this from, is it one with all prayers?

Michelle DeRusha said...

Exactly the prayer I need tonight and on the cusp of this holy season. Thank you, Susan.

Christine said...

We totally missed lighting our first advent this morning at breakfast, I guess that happens when the family goes to church in two vehicles, I find this time of year exciting and brimming with anticipation and with a burden of business too, hope I can find those quiet spaces to reflect. Thank you for your beautiful grounding words, as always.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

The photo is stunning. I've tried to overlay some images digitally, but haven't been able to produce anything quite like that.

Glorious, truly.

Joyce said...

i love this photo!! xo

Anonymous said...

We long for Him and await His coming.

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a special advent prayer - thank you for sharing.

Beth said...

What an awesome prayer and photo! Just what we need as we enter what can be a crazy time. We need to remember where our focus should be and this prayer 'nails' it.

Anonymous said...

'Come Lord Jesus!' Amen.
Thank you for this post (the prayer of Henri Nouwen and the photo).

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
Andie

Tracy said...

It's that time of year... ;o) LOVE-ing the GORGEOUS image, Susan--it is breathtaking! Happy Week, and Happy Advent ((HUGS))

Louise Gallagher said...

Blessings and gratitude for this beautiful prayer today.

Hugs

Claudia said...

beautifully combined images! and a much needed prayer to remember who we are so busy preparing for - thank you Susan :)

Vicky said...

I've been reading a lot by Henri Nouwen and this is a new one to me :) Delightful and very contemplative. Perfect for the beginning of advent season!

Leslie said...

Thank you for this, so much. It made me weep as I prayed it with you...

Anonymous said...

lovely photo

Ms. Becky said...

I cannot begin to express to you how much this lifts me up today. just what I needed. it's beautiful. thank you Susan. and happy day to you.

Glenda said...

What beautiful thoughts and a meaningful photo to begin this Advent season. "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" was beautifully sung at our church yesterday as we lit the candle of hope. It's a wonderful time of the year!

Anita Johnson said...

This is just beautiful...Happy advent to you too!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Amen!! we are seeking the light...

Kass said...

I'm not disappointed to re-enter the blogging scene and find your uplifting words and pictures.

allisondegeorge said...

oh ms. s.etole...some day your reflections, observations and poems will be as well known and loved as Henri J. Nouwen! maybe they already are!?!? Thank you for giving us pause with his inspiring prayer and your beautiful image as we begin our season of eager expectation...

Connie Smiley said...

Ah, that's really good!

Lori Heyd said...

I love this quote so much, and your photos of course. Thank you for posting this!

Connie said...

Love the overlay of Advent candles...the words of Nouwen always speak to my heart, but this: "we who have so much to do
seek quiet spaces
to hear your voice each day" confirms the exact thing GOD is speaking to me about, thank you.