Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude ~

 when it comes to life
the critical thing
is whether
you
take things for granted
or
take them
with gratitude
G.K. Chesterton
: : :
thanks to Bonnie
at
for the texture used on
this photo

27 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

How beautiful!! Love what you have created marrying the image with the texture! Thanks so much for the link.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Susan!

Maureen said...

Lovely image. It looks like a fresco. I like that it has that single flower.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Susan.

Heavens2Betsy said...

Beautiful sentiment exquisitely matched by your image. Lovely. penny

Zee said...

For granted or with gratitude - that is a good reminder.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful photo and quote.
Blessings this Thanksgiving.
Carolyn

Glynn said...

It looks like one of those paint-washed walls. And it's lovely. (Not to mention the wonderful quote by Chesterton.)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Louise Gallagher said...

Ah yes, Gratitude. So deep. So life-giving. So affirming.

and your photo/image speak to its beauty.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

the image turned out great. and i haven't heard that quote before...i like it.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

I love this..
simple elegance!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Taking things for granted vs. taking them with gratitude... our attitudes make all the difference in the world, don't they? What a lovely photo, Susan! Today I am grateful to you and this blog.

Linda said...

You always find just the right words Susan. You are amazing.
Sending you wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving.

ju-north said...

Thought provoking!

Anonymous said...

beautiful image, made even better with the play with texture.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

beautiful and i am grateful for finding your inspirational blog.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I like this Gratitude post...Beautiful

Muffy's Marks said...

Nice blog. Wishing you and those you love a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful job with the texture and photo. It looks a lot richer in tone than the original.
I love the quote, it's one I must remember. Thanks Susan for another year of blogging friendship, I am so grateful to have met you. Have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful texture--a work of art. Love your header photo too--I want to see what the little bird is looking at.

MedaM said...

Wonderful photo and inspiring quotes!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is beautiful Susan!
I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

True words indeed!
xo Catherine

Beth said...

I've been reading a lot about gratitude and its importance in our Christ-love walk. I love the simplicity of the photo and the words. Beautiful, dear friend. I am grateful for you.

Connie Smiley said...

Beautiful image, texture, and a wonderful quote.

Sandra Heska King said...

That quote is a keeper!

Lisa said...

This is so pretty and so are your words.