Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Season of Light ~

I look up
expecting to see light
I look down
and discover that
light
has been
closeted by darkness
: : :
for You will light my lamp
         the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness
Psalm 18:28 NKJ
: : :
[an access in the sidewalk to electrical wiring]

32 comments:

Maureen said...

You've crafted a poem, Susan. An interesting image; thank you for the note about it.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Very well put together. Thank God for the light of HIs love on my path.

Brandee Shafer said...

I think the light is pouring out of you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the verse and image. You are so very talented at matching the two.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A beautiful poetic reminder that we need to continue to look UP to our source of strength and help.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Lovely, Susan.

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing your light with us.....You are special....

Jennifer Richardson said...

what keen eyes,
body and soul:)
savoring what you share,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Love this. Very beautiful.

Louise Gallagher said...

What a wonderful 'find' in the sidewalk.

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Gosh you have been taking some very pretty photos - lovely!
xo Catherine

Glynn said...

I love that photo.

Reena said...

Such a beauty ...

Linda said...

Only He can truly light our darkness. Your words and pictures always inspire Susan. You have such a beautiful heart.

Anonymous said...

you make me want to light candles

Lisa said...

Love your words. So beautiful and your creation is stunning. So well done.

Joan Elizabeth said...

And I thought you had photoshopped in the word lighting.

ju-north said...

a beautiful inspired shot!

Anonymous said...

You are so mindful of your surroundings and creative. Thank you for your inspiring posts.

Beth said...

And it's in the darkness that we truly appreciate the light.
Also, often when we are in our darkest moments, unbeknownst (sometimes) to us, a light is shining out from us for others to see---His light reflected in us as we allow Him to guide us through the darkness.
Intuitive photo, Susan.

rjerdee said...

Really! an access in the sidewalk...what a find!

Anonymous said...

Nice!!! thank you for sharing...toronto limo services

MadSnapper n Beau said...

you are blessed with the gift of turning ordinary things into magical beauty

Laura said...

such beauty...

caryjo said...

It's His Light that keeps us moving forward... knowing the tiniest bit of light breaks through darkness, is one of the most important truths we can ever have buried in our hearts.

Ms. Becky said...

what a find, and how well you've combined flame, photo, and verse. very beautiful Susan. happy evening to you.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a writer, Susan ... a wonderful poet, in addition to a talented photographer. Your words fit perfectly here. :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful photo.. And a wonderful quote..

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.. It is so nice to meet you!

Hugs, Linda

Janis Van Keuren said...

I guess we're all looking up these days for the Light. I will ponder His word encouraging me that He will enlighten my darkness.

I like your poem and intriguing photo.

Blessings,
Janis

Patricia said...

Oh so lovely, Susan.

Kerri Farley said...

~ Lovely ~

Vores have said...

Hello.
I saw your name in the photo joy.
Nice picture you take and a great blog.
I have added me as follows.
Wishing you a good Thursday night.
Hugs Hanne Bente ♥
www.finus.dk