Sunday, January 30, 2011

Verisimilitude ~



shadows


when reality isn't
truth


making it difficult to
get a handle
on things




23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a strangely lovely and artistic post today!! The shadows of the door handle, the lovely shadows, not grey, but green. Appearances are everything...or are they nothing? I think they are mere shadows, after all. The real remaind unseen.

Nancy said...

We are often deceived because our interpreter is not from above.....

Hugs

Linda said...

I think that this shadowy "stuff" is a tool of the enemy. It all looks so beautiful, but nothing is as it seems.
I just love the top picture Susan (well I actually love them both); the snow looks a bit like the ocean to me (and I have a soft spot for pretty bottles).

Maureen said...

It's interesting how the eye works; mine goes right to the shadows on the snow in the first image and to the words in the second.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

I love shadows--so ethereal...

Jennifer Richardson said...

absolutely amazing photos!
Really interesting
and inviting.
Your eclectic diversity
is invigorating!
-Jennifer

Steve Gravano said...

I love the two photos. But I think that's part of the problem. People don't believe that the shadow isn't part of reality. It is very much a part of reality.

JofIndia said...

What can I say, Susan?
This is stunningly beautiful - whilst being its own verisimilitude: a metaphor of almost impenetrable depth...

Mommy Emily said...

this is so stunning, and yet, it makes my heart hurt...

Rick said...

What creative photos to drive your point home !

Dawning Inspiration said...

You are so creative... and artistic!

Jorge Medico said...

I truly enjoyed your work, and being able to visit your site. Keep it up!
Be well,
J.

ju-north said...

What a gift you have for making these beautiful images!

donna said...

Plenty of shadows outside the window, too.

Have a pleasant week, lovely lady.

donna

Louise Gallagher said...

Stunning and beautiful.

And provocative too!

To face our shadow is to awaken to our deepest truth in Love.

nancy neva gagliano said...

aw, perfect photo for 'getting a handle' on things...as i try to read the lines between the lines!
brilliant!

Anonymous said...

I like the green shadows from the bottles ~ very nice!
xo Catherine

Lyla Lindquist said...

When reality isn't truth...

I'm considering those times. Amazed at how often.

Laura said...

You are amazing! Susan, your eye...just...finds beauty. Thank you. I'm so glad you don't hide your light under a bushel :)

Joan Elizabeth said...

I a very partial to glass objects on the window sill to catch the light,

ELK said...

shadows can tell us so much in our photos ~ these are wonderful Susan

Leslie said...

I know winter can be cold and unforgiving in your part of the world, but you certainly found the beauty with that first photo...

Sandra Heska King said...

I would love to come sit at your feet for a time, sip some tea, and learn from thee.