Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taking Time ~


 beauty is there to be noticed


too often it is taken for granted
because
we are moving too fast
to let it in
and allow it to deliver its message in us

we need to pay attention

to show indifference to beauty
is an insult
to its Creator
Luci Shaw



25 comments:

rjerdee said...

You have no indifference to beauty, Susan! This is lovely ephemeral lace.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Yes so much beauty is there for us to absorb and admire if we only make the time to go slow and look.

Mari said...

So true! That's one reason I like doing a photo blog. I think it makes me notice the beauty around me more.

Tracy said...

Oh, so lovely... and so wise! Part of my motto/guideline for the year is Live Slow. ;o) I don't want to miss anything! Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

It looks very frosty your way!
xo Catherine

MadSnapper n Beau said...

wise words and i beleive all of them. lovely looking at your woods

cristie said...

i like the IN us part of what ms. shaw has to say.
thank you once again dear susan. xox

Louise Gallagher said...

I am so grateful you always see the beauty and share it so graciously with us!

Linda said...

Oh yes Susan. I am praying that I will quiet my life and see with His eyes. Beautiful!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing beauty as you see it.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

How many blessings do we miss as we pass through without enough quiet about us?

Maureen said...

Susan, have you read Shaw's latest collection? I haven't quite finished it but recommend it. Wonderful quote here.

S. Etole said...

I haven't, Maureen ... her book and yours are on my "wanted" list.

ELK said...

such bright fire among the white and branches...

Beth said...

You have helped me to stop and see the beauty around me. You and Nance paricularly helped me get the shot that is my my header.
Thank you, friend for this reminder.
The intricate intertwining of the branches is amazing and then there is that bit of red that a lot of folks would not see.

Anonymous said...

i'm loving all the snow

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

I love the unexpected red in this photo!

spread your wings said...

i believe you always see the beauty around you. this is amazing

Glenda said...

Striking image . . . and I really like that last line. Looking through the lens of my camera has been one tool that's enabled me to see His beauty. God uses your words and photos to bring His beauty to our attention in a powerful way!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Gorgeous photo and,
WOW,
what a punch
that quote
is packing!
Thanks,
Jennifer

Rick said...

Couldn't agree more ! And yet ... I need to be reminded.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Lovely branches - and words.

Unknown said...

I heart this and you.

Sandra Heska King said...

There's blood on the tree.

Custom Comforts said...

Beautiful photos ~ equally beautiful words. Newest follower.
Cindy