Thursday, January 13, 2011

Altered ~


there's
a
severance


 in
loss


that alters


 the
landscape
of
our hearts


~ ~ ~
please visit
for other alterations





28 comments:

JofIndia said...

Beautiful photographs and intriguing prose...

Anonymous said...

So true...I love the 'landscape of our hearts'. We go on, but we are forever changed because of what we had and lost. Our hearts hold so much, don't you think?
Andie

Joan Elizabeth said...

Yes loss does alter the landscape of our heart, but in an odd way that is comforting ... much better than if it made no difference.

Beth said...

I agree with Joan that it's better than if it made no difference.
The set-up is intriquing ane the last photo is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
xo Catherine

Kelly Sauer said...

omigoodness. breathtaking.

Louise Gallagher said...

Beautiful -- and how exciting to see your photo there too!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Gorgeous and so true. Love the series.

Tracy said...

Hauntingly lovely words & images, Susan... Those snow-covered blooms almost break the heart... ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

very poignant words. today i am mourning the loss of a friend

Kass said...

Severance, loss, alteration.

I understand all.

This is a beautiful post.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Very artistic but sad images. Yes, I would say they are haunting, like the above comment.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

this is so true, every single loss, no matter if it is a loved one, a beloved pet, a friend or a job, house. anything we lose alters our heart landscape. lovely photo and i like that last one with the scissors.

Maureen said...

I like how you ordered the images, going from least to fullest realization.

Lovely.

sarah said...

These photos are so very beautiful! Thank you :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the gentle pictures and the truth of those words is very real to me.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

beth beat me to it...
that last photo is stunning.

Joyce said...

Beautiful my friend! Thank you for sharing "3" I enjoying visiting another blog with beautiful photos. xo

Linda said...

You really are amazing. "that alters the landscape of our hearts" - just exquisite and true.

Jennifer Richardson said...

Beautiful words
from a wide open heart:)
-Jennifer

cristie said...

happy weekend in the warm. xox

Rick said...

Lovely shots and words, Susan. With severance there is loss but also hope.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...laying out my landscape to be altered...beautiful pics and words...

Anonymous said...

very intriguing; beautiful photos

Jewels said...

Very beautiful! xox

Sandra Heska King said...

Amazing. You see deep.

Kelly Sauer said...

You should submit that scissors shot to the High Calling Focus Flickr group for participation in The High Calling's Photoplay.

http://www.thehighcalling.org/culture/seeing-work-through-your-eyes

Janis Van Keuren said...

The photos do depict such delicateness. And I like the full bouquet at the end as well.
Touching.
I just posted my photo for the 3 From Here & There. Would love to have you take a look if you get a chance.
Blessings,
Janis