Such a playful, moment today, Susan! My Mom had an old mug similar to yours. She kept it in the china closet all year round--a touch Christmas spirit through the year. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))
I reluctantly put my Santas away first, then the angels, though some stay out all year, but usually in my bedroom, so not in regular view. This year, however, the tree lingers. I like looking at mom's ornaments and mine mixed together. But this weekend I will take it down,so husband can store all the Christmas stuff together. I too liked the whimsy of the post and the pitcher is especially cool--no wonder you keep it out.
You are slow over there ... mine (ad most others) are packed away for another year the first few days into the New Year. Here we are all so anxious to put the old year behind us and enjoy a few more weeks in the sun (usually) before the cares of our jobs return.
love the post, my mother had a mug like that, don't know what happened to it. i got worried when i saw your post title, i thought you were leaving us. dont scare me like that.
When I visit you, I always look at the colorful plastic utensils by the stove. I always think of those months when my kids and I lived with your family here in Omaha, and how all those bright utensils grabbed my attention way back then. And they still do.
I remember having a similar Santa with the jolly and sweet face! Such a bright and cheerful addition to your blue crock utensil holder. Have a great afternoon.
well, if you are gonna put that pitcher away, then you are just gonna have to put out something else red...because it looks so good with the blue container.
This makes me smile (old mother hubbard :)). I still have a few odds and ends I need to get up into the attic, but I too am holding back. So hard to say goodbye.
30 comments:
A nice whimsical post Susan, although I know what you mean about the memories. Perhaps the pitcher can stay for just a little while longer.
Love the poem... and it's inevitable for me too - I usually forget to put something away...
Such a playful, moment today, Susan! My Mom had an old mug similar to yours. She kept it in the china closet all year round--a touch Christmas spirit through the year. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))
Oh, this is lovely.
Wonderful words...yea, something always gets left out here too.
I reluctantly put my Santas away first, then the angels, though some stay out all year, but usually in my bedroom, so not in regular view.
This year, however, the tree lingers. I like looking at mom's ornaments and mine mixed together.
But this weekend I will take it down,so husband can store all the Christmas stuff together.
I too liked the whimsy of the post and the pitcher is especially cool--no wonder you keep it out.
looks pretty happy right there!!
You are slow over there ... mine (ad most others) are packed away for another year the first few days into the New Year. Here we are all so anxious to put the old year behind us and enjoy a few more weeks in the sun (usually) before the cares of our jobs return.
Adorable photo! I love the blue canister in the background. I think I have a couple pieces that might match it? They were my grandmother's.
He kind of looks like he belongs -- right there!
Love the light and lyrical nature of your poem. and the whimsy!
love this Susan!
i have to say again, what a joy and blessing it is to come here.
Delightful! I have a Santa cup like that.
love the post, my mother had a mug like that, don't know what happened to it. i got worried when i saw your post title, i thought you were leaving us. dont scare me like that.
I'm always traipsing out to the garage with some Christmas item I forgot to store.
Really cute post, Susan -- just makes me happy to read it and be here today!
See? You CAN be funny! Loved it.
When I visit you, I always look at the colorful plastic utensils by the stove. I always think of those months when my kids and I lived with your family here in Omaha, and how all those bright utensils grabbed my attention way back then. And they still do.
Your poem made me laugh! And I do like the pitcher. There are some things you just don't want to put away for a year!
I remember having a similar Santa with the jolly and sweet face! Such a bright and cheerful addition to your blue crock utensil holder. Have a great afternoon.
well, if you are gonna put that pitcher away, then you are just gonna have to put out something else red...because it looks so good with the blue container.
Ha! Love seeing a bit of your humor peek through. I have a Christmas item or two that just hasn't found its way back into storage just yet either :)
Whimsical and cute!! You gave me a chuckle!!
This makes me smile (old mother hubbard :)). I still have a few odds and ends I need to get up into the attic, but I too am holding back. So hard to say goodbye.
Love to you, Susan.
A Christmas reminder left out all year can't be a bad thing!
What fun this is Susan! I don't like putting Christmas away either. I think I'm going to let the little Santa candle stay out all year!
Just seeing Santa may me chuckle...thanks Susan!
i like those blues and red there
Santa cup looks very happy to be in your cupboard! :)
xo Catherine
sweetly nodding:)
-Jennifer
I have a special drawer for the forgotten.
Amazing what that light does, isn't it?
Post a Comment