Wednesday, August 22, 2012

For A Season ~

Though my soul may set in darkness,
 It will rise in perfect light,
 I have loved the stars too fondly
 To be fearful of the night.
*  *  *
I have seen this quote
attributed to
also.

 

28 comments:

ju-north said...

Beautiful words and image! Our garden sunflowers are half the size they should be - they battle against rain, wind, slugs and snails! (So the quote is very apt!)

Joan Elizabeth said...

The sun flowers seem like such fun. Perhaps I should plant some.

Patricia said...

"rise in perfect light" - isn't that delightful?

I don't plant sunflowers, but let the birds and squirrels do it for me. Unfortunately, they didn't do a very good job this past year. Only one or two sprouted to produce blooms worthy of enjoying. I may have to plant them myself next time.

May you rise this day into the most perfect Light, beautiful Susan.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... sunflowers... looks like fall to me. Pretty!
xo Catherine

S. Etole said...

Patricia, these were some that self-planted from the bird seed that fell during the winter. I have enjoyed them so much.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo and quote. We pass by two fields with sunflowers but I can never snap a photo! Thanks for sharing yours. Hope you and Callie have a fun day. Is she growing?

rjerdee said...

A lovely day brightener for me today..."I have loved the stars too fondly"

Leslie said...

i love the light coming through those dying petals.

cristie said...

lovely...all of it. xox

Louise Gallagher said...

I always feel like sunshine flows into my heart when I visit here.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh,I love that verse.

Vicky said...

What a beautiful verse! I have to admit that the photo reminds me of one thing at first glance- school is about ready to begin when the sunflowers show their faces :)

Maureen said...

I'd love to wake to a backyard full of sunflowers this size.

Susan Cowger said...

Love the sunflowers. A lovely interpretation of their beauty. I like that their sun inspired the starlight of the poem. Yes, I like that a lot.

Anonymous said...

you captured the wonderful feeling of these special flowers.

Beth said...

Beautiful. The words about the stars are esp. wonderful---puts dark in a whole new perspective.:>)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

awe inspiring photo... LOVE IT

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh i love this!
your sunflower is so regal
in this late August light
and the quote is
yummy to my soul.
glad and grateful,
Jennifer

Marilyn Miller said...

Love the sunflowers and the quote. I was just saying last evening how I wish to travel to the desert to see the stars more clearly.

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. They look like they are crying!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous photo. I love the light. And a perfect quote to go with it..

Hugs~

Relyn Lawson said...

I had always heard Galileo, so I gound that very interesting. Gorgeous image - as ever.

Linda said...

I love the darkness and light you've captured in the picture Susan. Whoever it was that said those words - wise and wonderful.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

This is most beautiful.

Claudia said...

can there be a flower more cheerful than a sunflower? well okay maybe a pansy :)

Susan said...

Wonderful!!!!!!

Sandra Heska King said...

We only got two or three volunteers this year. :( Love these words.

caryjo said...

It's another AMEN! Want my soul to lighten up over and over and over again, even when the darkness tries to kick my tail.