Tuesday, August 28, 2012

As August Concludes ~

 whether intertwined
 suspended
 ditched
 or swamped
August
 knows its colors
*  *  *
"It will not always be summer; build barns."
Hesiod

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures. I look forward to colorful Autumn.

helen tilston said...

Your images portray August and I love your last paragraph "..build barns"
Have a great week

Helenxx

Maureen said...

All so lovely, Susan. The colors in the photos are striking. The quote makes me smile.

I don't know if you've heard of it, but Longwood Gardens, outside Philadelphia, is an amazing place. I went there this past weekend to see the light installations by Bruce Munro, which were magical. The gardens are photographers' heaven.

Beth said...

Creative use of words--I like the ditched one esp.!:>)
Fall is a gorgeous season and you illustrate that so well.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I especially like the last photo with its blue and orange contrast.

Linda said...

This is the time of year I miss living up north Susan. The brush of color on the leaves - so beautiful. Thank you for giving me a little glimpse of coming fall.

Carol Garvin said...

I see some of our alders beginning to turn golden, but otherwise it's a little early for our fall colours to start. Your beautiful photos remind me of all that we have to look forward to.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The colours of fall are spectacular.

Christine said...

We have a few maples here in our northeastern Ohio neighborhood turning at the edges, just like your photo. I love how you captured time here. So lovely and your quote fits so well. Thank you, Susan. I hope you and kitty sleep well and tomorrow is a blessed one.

Diana said...

wow. gorgeous shots, Susan - and wonderful quote, too. you have such a gift for this. thank you.

grammie g said...

Hi Susan...Lovely colors,and images of the late August days!!
Lovely quote too!!
Grace

Anonymous said...

I like the inside of barns. It's where pieces of summer linger.

annie hoff said...

Your pictures and your words always go so perfectly together.

ju-north said...

A lovely reminder of autumn colours! (Is that a bird's head peeping up in one of the shots?)

Linda P said...

It's still very green here. I'm looking forward to those Autumn colours as the leaves turn.
I like the photo of the bullrush and the glimpse of the bird's head.

Gayle said...

I noticed on the way home yesterday leaves falling in the strong wind some just beginning to turn. I love your title!

Anonymous said...

September is approaching fast ~ along with all those wonderful colors! Pretty!
xo Catherine

MadSnapper n Beau said...

they are all gorgeous, my favorite is the ditched, and the words are perfect.

Claudia said...

Great play on words with photos! I've been noticing how many leaves around here are already falling! Maybe stressed from lack of rain? And several colored spots peppering the woods... I guess I'm not ready for the inevitable :(

Reena said...

It does know its colors, doesn't it! Gorgeous!

Joan Elizabeth said...

I especially like the top two.

cristie said...

oh how i have loved August. xox

caryjo said...

August is always one of my favorite times, filled with color. [Other than having to rake and clean my yard over and over again for the leaves, etc. THAT can be annoying. But the leaves never leave my heart, even when they leave the tree.

[Have time to read here at Immanuel. This is a good thing!]