Sunday, March 4, 2012

On The Edge ~

of the woods


 You only need sit still
 long enough
 in some attractive spot
 in the woods
 that
 all its inhabitants
 may exhibit themselves
 to you by turns
Thoreau
: : :
I know and am acquainted
 with all the birds of the mountains
 and the wild animals 
 of the field are
 Mine and are
 with Me
 in My mind
Psalm 50:11

37 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love these pictures.Yes,it all belongs to our God.

beth said...

oh that owl....
do you know that's one bird i have never had a chance to photograph and i want to so badly.....xo

Carolyn said...

What beauty in nature and in the Word!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Look at your beautiful owl! Love it! Deer and owls... isn't nature wonderful!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

i got outside today. it was sunny.
i like the photos...especially the last one, i don't know why.

Beth said...

Gorgeous! I esp. love that guy staring back at you! After having seen pictures of your home, I better understand how you can get such wonderful photos from inside. Of course talent helps! :>)

Glenda said...

What a beautiful view you have! I'm not sure who is watching whom!

Glenda said...

What a beautiful view you have! I'm not sure who is watching whom!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! And I love that black edge all around the deer's ears, so beautiful!

Nava said...

Fun photos to see--thanks for sharing.

Nancy said...

It seems you were really blessed with visitors today...the ones that only God can direct.....

Beautiful....

Mary said...

So beautiful, that owl is spectacular!

Brandee Shafer said...

Woo! In the wake of those photos, that verse from Psalms TOTALLY brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful to have a real relationship with the Heavenly Father depicted in Psalms. I love, Susan, how your blog reflects Him, too.

Christine said...

Those are breathtakingly beautiful moments. A gift from God himself, captured perfectly on film for us to enjoy too. Oh, thank you, Susan! I can't wait for my kids to wake up tomorrow morning to see these pictures of peace.

Unknown said...

How wonderful to be able to sit and take photos like these. Living in a city we sure don't get photos like that.. They look wonderful.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Look at the owl ... it's beautiful. I really like the Thomas quote and the psalm I used recently in my blog but I like the version you have used here better.

Tracy said...

This woodland visit warms the soul, Susan... especially loving the rare treat of seeing the owl. We do not see or even hear owls where were are now... I miss them! Happy Week :o) ((HUGS))

Valerie Kamikubo said...

What an amazingly peaceful view you've shared with us! Thank you!

Vicky said...

The owl is just stunning- and so BIG. Such great captures and I could sit myself for hours waiting and watching for the visit of a few animals such as these.

Maureen said...

Love the image of the owl.

Claudia said...

stunning shots as always Susan, you must be so patient to wait for them to come :) Love the owl especially - they are so hard to capture!!

Leslie said...

That OWL! So elegant. And that verse made me weep with the recognition of His tender love for all of His creation...

Kerri Farley said...

~ Wonderful ~

SimplyDarlene said...

Did that this weekend... hawks, crows, and an eagle were flying together. It was amazing.

Blessings.

Lucille said...

Did you see these from your window? The owl is a very rare and beautiful shot.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen an owl in the wild. And I love in the country!

S. Etole said...

Lucille, the first two photos were taken through a kitchen window and the last photo through a bedroom window.

Kissed-by-the-Wind said...

How did you get that magnificant owl? I keep trying to see them--only hear them. Loveley, Susan

S. Etole said...

Sue, the owl was on the edge of woods just sitting in the tree for almost 45 minutes. I suspect it was watching for lunch.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of Parker Palmer talking about how we need to be quiet so the soul can come out. We're often so busy and loud, it stays hidden.

Janis Van Keuren said...

Such beauty and grace, Susan. I am lifted up just drinking in the beauty of your photos and the Scripture and poem that accompany them. You are blessed to see such beauty outside your door!
Blessings,
Janis

Mari said...

I love your wildlife shots! That owl is a beauty!

rjerdee said...

Oh, this is the most delightful and meaningful post...scripture, quote, and photos.

Dawning Inspiration said...

You get to see these lovelies from your house? Oh wow - how amazing! What gifts God gives you!!

Anonymous said...

For those of us who live in cities, these pictures minister to our souls. Thank you.

cristie said...

i do admire your patience. xox

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Oh wow. What great captures.