She is beautiful, at first look I thought it was Baird's Sparrow, but it would be too early for them to be so far north. http://www.audubonbirds.org/species/Birds/Baird's-Sparrow.html
Great photo, better than many on the Audubon site.
When I was working on my thankfulness project I was out in the backyard a lot more, and was always looking up birds to identify them and find out about their habits. I particularly like your quote because it takes time and patience to discover those things.
I'm a bird enthusiast,and live on a mountainside,surrounded by conifers.It's very quiet up here except for the bird song I hear every day, and one learns to listen!! Your photos are lovely, and I'm pleased to have discovered from your blogger friend Patricia that your first photo is a Fox Sparrow as I also did'nt know.Thankyou so much to you both.:)
I went to my Birds of North America book, and it does look like a fox sparrow. I love the quote. I so enjoy sitting in the silence watching birds come to our feeders.
37 comments:
I don't know birds very well, but they are all great shots!
So, so true! Beautiful photos, Susan.
I believe it might be a fox sparrow.
Thanks, Patricia. That looks a lot like it and the song is familiar.
My grandmother could if she was still here. She loved bird watching and had vast knowledge. These are beautiful photos!
I've never heard of the fox sparrow. How beautiful!
Can't help you there but the colouring is like our sparrows!
Love you bird shots. Lhe unidentifierd bird looks like a sparrow.
My first thought was Fox Sparrow.
She is beautiful, at first look I thought it was Baird's Sparrow, but it would be too early for them to be so far north.
http://www.audubonbirds.org/species/Birds/Baird's-Sparrow.html
Great photo, better than many on the Audubon site.
When I was working on my thankfulness project I was out in the backyard a lot more, and was always looking up birds to identify them and find out about their habits. I particularly like your quote because it takes time and patience to discover those things.
just name him precious one. I only know a few birds like cardinals and jays. this one is really pretty
I love your quote, and the photos are great.
Love the quote, Susan, and your beautiful photos.
I so appreciate the quote as I am working on "silence" right now and it is very true.....
You have captured God's creative hand so beautifully....
I'm a bird enthusiast,and live on a mountainside,surrounded by conifers.It's very quiet up here
except for the bird song I hear every day, and one learns to listen!!
Your photos are lovely, and I'm pleased to have discovered from your blogger friend Patricia that your first photo is a Fox Sparrow
as I also did'nt know.Thankyou so much to you both.:)
So true.. It look like some type of sparrow. But I am not sure!!
I do love seeing your nature shots.
They are lovely! As for silence, the jays in my garden are not setting a very good example, this morning ;)
My Daniel, a 10-year-old bird enthusiast, agrees that it is a fox sparrow. Beautiful shots! Such professional quality, Susan. Have a blessed day!
Beautiful, all, but I'm partial to the last!
It's a sparrer. (I'm channelling Dick van Dyke here).
We just bought a new bird feeder, for purple Martins, there is serenity in watching birds at a feeder, and enjoyment as the cats get teased.
I went to my Birds of North America book, and it does look like a fox sparrow. I love the quote. I so enjoy sitting in the silence watching birds come to our feeders.
i didn't know the answer...but, i do now :-)
Oh these feather friends are so beautiful. You captured their personality. xo
I'm sure their voices are as beautiful as their silky feather coats. The sparrow does look somewhat foxy :)
I find the similarity of the birds very pleasing. It makes the pink one look like it has dipped in pink dye.
I was thinking fox sparrow as well... All of these bird-friends are a treat to see. :o) Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))
I don't know birds -- but doesn't matter. I am just grateful you could connected tot he beauty of the silence and share it with us!
part of the silence... that is easier said than done.
but with that cup o' coffee, it's easier.
blessings.
And a cute little sparrow it is! :)
xo Catherine
I was thinking it was a sparrow. I don't know, I'm no expert on birds. I love your photos!
Becoming part of the silence,
one does see so much more.
I don't know this bird
but I love that silence.
-Jennifer
the birds here are just waking up.
love the bird photos...xox
Ah..... these steal my heart!
Not just listening to the silence but becoming part of it. Deep.
I'm such a bird lover, and have been since I was about 7 or 8 years old. Don't know them so well, but do love them so much!
Post a Comment