I just read a verse from Esther and a devotional passage on her. She had the confidence in God to walk those steps UNIVITED into King Xerxes inner court. In doing so, she saved her people. A few steps made a lifetime difference!
So much food for thought this one, Susan... the bittersweet and hope all in one. Opening one door can make all the difference. :o) Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))
Thank you so much for sharing this. The timing is interesting and I am encouraged. I'm working on a painting with the very same theme with the addition of the present choice of walking through the door.
makes me think of all the stories i have heard about people who die or nearly die and come back and the white light they see. this looks very much like what i would picture as The Door.
You have a way of finding a quote and photo which echo our lives. This is a fabulous one, particularly for those of us who each year think we should try something new and live a little more "dangerously" than we have before. Thank you for our reminder:).
Ohh, very deep quote loaded with all kinds of meaning. I have to ponder it a bit myself. I love saying this one and hearing it as much as I enjoy reading it here. Thank you for the reflection!
oh my, what a bittersweet quote, I love it. thanks for sharing. and the photo is wonderfully appropriate - suggestive, provocative, enlightening. happy weekend to you Susan.
haunting. so many what-ifs. i believe it must be true that we regret what we didn't do more than what we did when we finally look back on it all. I wish us all more doing:) -Jennifer
I can think about regret, even write about it poetically, but in my home I can't stand to hear the words, we should have....too late to make that observation, just live and do and move ahead...and find a new door to open...
30 comments:
All those steps never walked, missed opportunities, what others experienced leaving us behind. And what glory that door opened into.
Due to circumstances in my family right now,this picture is very symbolic. Thanks.
All the blessings we miss for lack of courage.....
this fits my mood perfectly...unexpectedly. xox
There's always an open door if we look for it.
xo Catherine
Very thought provoking. We always like to know what's on the other side of the door first, don't we?
I so lose that quote!
the infinity of that doorway is provocative.
oh...all those doors we never opened...don't they all lead to the same rose garden?
this one leaves me breathless and longing....
So perfect!!!
So beautiful, so true, so thought provoking.
Wow! Really makes me think and reevaluate my present and future steps.
I just read a verse from Esther and a devotional passage on her. She had the confidence in God to walk those steps UNIVITED into King Xerxes inner court. In doing so, she saved her people. A few steps made a lifetime difference!
So much food for thought this one, Susan... the bittersweet and hope all in one. Opening one door can make all the difference. :o) Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))
wow, so many times we don't trust God to lead our steps. thanks for this visual today :)
Thank you so much for sharing this. The timing is interesting and I am encouraged. I'm working on a painting with the very same theme with the addition of the present choice of walking through the door.
makes me think of all the stories i have heard about people who die or nearly die and come back and the white light they see. this looks very much like what i would picture as The Door.
Where do our footfalls go? like the thought of a rose garden
Just like Alice through the lookin' glass we'll never know what we've missed 'till we step through the passageway.
Beautiful!
God bless ya sweetie and have a fantastic weekend!!! :o)
ooooh- cool pic - lovely words
Great photo for this quote. It stirs intrigue, yet it's not dark. I love it!
You have a way of finding a quote and photo which echo our lives. This is a fabulous one, particularly for those of us who each year think we should try something new and live a little more "dangerously" than we have before. Thank you for our reminder:).
i love the light in the photo... and the quote is bittersweet.
Ohh, very deep quote loaded with all kinds of meaning. I have to ponder it a bit myself. I love saying this one and hearing it as much as I enjoy reading it here. Thank you for the reflection!
oh my, what a bittersweet quote, I love it. thanks for sharing. and the photo is wonderfully appropriate - suggestive, provocative, enlightening. happy weekend to you Susan.
haunting.
so many what-ifs.
i believe it must be true
that we regret what we didn't do
more than what we did
when we finally look back on it all.
I wish us all
more doing:)
-Jennifer
I can think about regret, even write about it poetically, but in my home I can't stand to hear the words, we should have....too late to make that observation, just live and do and move ahead...and find a new door to open...
Makes me feel "at home". Like the glowing light.
Beautiful light at the end of the passage.
Post a Comment