Powerful quote and I love the images. Like Linda, fall is a long way away yet for us, but a few or our deciduous trees begin responding to fewer daylight hours, even when the daytime highs remain in the 80's and 90's. I do love the idea of fall, and like to pretend it's arrived with apple-scented candles. =)
VERY lovely observations... Here there's subtle evidence of summer slowing down and autumn sneaking in too. A good time to pay attention to all things. :o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
the first shot has amazing lace in that leaf and the three acorns together are so pretty. also i like the way the two leaves cup towards each other in the first one. beautiful shots.
Our summer has been very mild, so I find myself trying to apply the brakes on fall (which I think is really my favorite season even though it's not much to look at here where I live). As I get older, part of me is also trying to apply the brakes on life it seems, but to no avail :-)
We've had some rain here the past couple of days after a long dry season, at least for Oregon. The weather makes me realize fall is really on the way! I'm always a bit reluctant to let go of summer, but I do love the cozy days of fall and the gorgeous colors.
Beautiful photos and wonderful quote. I have such mixed feelings about fall. As pretty as it is, it is a reminder to me that my favorite season (summer) has ended and my least favorite season (winter) is just around the corner.
27 comments:
I am so looking forward to fall...I always am as it's my favorite season. Your images are so captivating.
leaves always do their work
so very, very well:)
-Jennifer
Gorgeous, I am so ready for fall and all it's beautiful colors!! The orange in these is so soft and pretty!!
A very thought provoking quote Susie.
Fall is far off for us, but I am looking forward to it.
Praying for you precious friend.
I'm getting chill bumps now...
Powerful quote and I love the images. Like Linda, fall is a long way away yet for us, but a few or our deciduous trees begin responding to fewer daylight hours, even when the daytime highs remain in the 80's and 90's. I do love the idea of fall, and like to pretend it's arrived with apple-scented candles. =)
How I love the fall of the year. I clicked/enlarged your pics...so pretty.
Yes, just simply know we are going back to our eternal home.
Great words to ponder...never thought about leaves in this way...You always push me to think outside the box....Thank you...
Beautiful pictures and as always you have a wonderful quote to go with them.
Even though it is hot and dry right now, it is also reminding us of what has to come in the not-distant future. Good reminder, good rememberer.
Oh the truths in those words. Beautiful pictures.I am looking forward to fall and cooler temperatures.
Beautifully illustrated!
All are beautiful images... though the first is my favourite...
VERY lovely observations... Here there's subtle evidence of summer slowing down and autumn sneaking in too. A good time to pay attention to all things. :o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
the first shot has amazing lace in that leaf and the three acorns together are so pretty. also i like the way the two leaves cup towards each other in the first one. beautiful shots.
I always grieve when I see the leaves begin to fall.
definitely - everyone should click the images for a better view of the beauty you've captured!
wowzer.
blessings.
Our summer has been very mild, so I find myself trying to apply the brakes on fall (which I think is really my favorite season even though it's not much to look at here where I live). As I get older, part of me is also trying to apply the brakes on life it seems, but to no avail :-)
perfect quote.....I do love fall but am not ready for summer to be over yet!
Lovely quote. I am looking forward to the change of seasons.
Carolyn
What a wonderful quote! I love this!
Hugs~
Fall is coming much too fast!!
xo Catherine
A wonderful quote - reminded me of Ecclesiastes 2:24. Your photos tell the story well.
We've had some rain here the past couple of days after a long dry season, at least for Oregon. The weather makes me realize fall is really on the way! I'm always a bit reluctant to let go of summer, but I do love the cozy days of fall and the gorgeous colors.
Beautiful photos and wonderful quote. I have such mixed feelings about fall. As pretty as it is, it is a reminder to me that my favorite season (summer) has ended and my least favorite season (winter) is just around the corner.
So, so true. I just hope I've done well by the time I'm called. Ahem, need a few more years or so :)
Post a Comment