* * *
perhaps there are some of you
who remember
the song
by
Fats Domino
* * *
a container of freshly picked blueberries
brought by friends was savored
and deeply appreciated
* * *
"The best portion of a good man's life:
his little, nameless unremembered
acts of kindness and love.”
William Wordsworth
* * *

22 comments:
I've never picked blueberries, only purchased them from the store. But I do love them!
I do remember that song. Fats Domino and Chubby checker were always battling it out in the pop magazines as to who was the best.
I found my thrill.....on blueberry hill. We don't have blueberries growing here but the Saskatoon berries are almost ready!
Yes, I remember the song. We have blueberry bushes growing here, but my hubby "pruned" them last year, so there won't be any berries this summer. Fortunately they're readily available in local markets, because I *love* them.
I also love that photo, Susan. :)
Every part of this is so delicious, Susan! :o) We're loving blueberries just now... and dreaming of getting a pair of blueberry bushes for the garden ((HUGS))
I love fresh blueberries and they have been especially tasty this summer. I remember this song well. Blessings to you today.
blueberries are one of my
favorite parts of summer.
and yes, it's the little things:)
thanks for the beauty you share,
Jennifer
It is indeed blueberry season, and it's been a really good season for them here, too. I have been making pies for 2 weeks now! :-)
Love the simplicity of this, Susan.
Have a wonderful weekend!
I love blueberries and oh yes, i remember that song well..
A real surprise. And, of course, you mixed the blue and white colors beautifully.
I do remember that song. Sounds like a wonderful friend you have there. Great quote!
I love blueberries and not only are they delicious they are so good for us....We have a few bushes in the mountains and I can't describe how wonderful they taste...
Sharing friends are the best....
Blueberries + summer = happiness!
A summer favorite!
Sure do ! Lots of fond memories associated with that song. Isn't it funny how music and smells can have that effect on us.
[enjoyed your recent flower posts very much]
it's blueberry season and i have lot's of blueberry love!!
pretty image!!
Blueberries are full of antioxidents and rated as the top fruit to consume for its value. I have a small amount on my cereal each day in order to keep my immune system at its optimum. They are also delicious and easy to be a topping on salads as well. Good photo and nice memories of "Blueberry Hill."
I do remember that song very well! I love blueberries...just bought a container today...love them in my cereal, among other things :) You have such a sweet friend!
I remember the song! I love blueberries, but have never had any fresh picked. Yum! Perfect quote!
I love blueberry season. :)
xo Catherine
I do. They are best picked fresh on a hillside but we usually only get them in boxes from the supermarket.
William Wordsworth really said some lovely things. Your photographs are a match for sure. xox
Post a Comment