Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Winding Down ~

self-planted
 they open shyly
 quietly
attracting
 the bees
 aging daily
 working
 to provide seed
for a new season
*  *  *
"Let us dance in the sun,
 wearing wild flowers in our hair."
Susan Polis Schutz

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely series of photos.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the way you have documented the whole beautiful process, from beginning to end.

Susan said...

Wonderful Susan, just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Pretty dandy. Soon the birds will be enjoying those seeds. I like it when sunflowers come up on their own.

I think i will put some flowers in my hair.

annie hoff said...

Wonderful sunflowers. The first picture looks as if the sunflower has covered his face with his hands!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Great sequence.

Glynn said...

I love sunflowers - and these are beauties.

Jennifer Richardson said...

such stunners....thanks for sharing
their beauty and the bliss of
dancing with wildflowers in our hair:)
-Jennifer

Tracy said...

This is an especially cheerful series, Susan! Sunflowers are such happy creatures. And I love the part of dancing with flowers in our hair! :o) I had tried emailing you, but received a delivery failure message. I was wondering if you could please send me your email address again. Just wanted to thank you for the lovely comments you left for me at my blog this week and all the sew happy. :o) ((HUGS))

Patricia said...

Lovely series of photos, Susan.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely pics this morning- thanks for sharing!

Lisa Gordon said...

It is most definitely that time of year.
This is a beautiful series, Susan.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

number one is my favorite because of the music of the flower as it opens and 2nd up from bottom, i love the way you captured it hanging down. they are so beautiful.

Linda P said...

I love the way your words slowly describe each sequence of images of the sunflower's life - a cycle that gives pleasure now and will do in the future through its seed-giving.

Dolly @Soulstops said...

Hi Susan,
Lovely series...self planted flowers always make me smile...such happy surprises :) Thanks :)

Dea Moore said...

The life cycle, bowed low at the end...so beautiful. I know some try to put the sunflower in a vase. I love it in the ground towering on its woody stem. Beautiful as always... :)

Connie Smiley said...

What a beautiful set of shots!

Debbie said...

WoW Susan, my favorite post so far today!! These really made me smile!! Your perspective on these is perfect and you captured the light beautifully!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful series of pictures.

cristie said...

our lives as such. xox

Anonymous said...

I love this!
Happy Friday!
xo Catherine

Beth said...

Gorgeous! Sun flowers are so beautiful and so 'caring' of their environment, reseeding as they go.
Lovely set up. :>)

caryjo said...

Love how you did this, how you had such beautiful angles of the flowers. Makes me grin happily... again, and again, and again.