Thursday, June 28, 2012

Surrender ~




How does one become a butterfly?
 she asked pensively.
You must want to fly so much that you are willing
to give up being a caterpillar.

Trina Paulus 
*  *  *

32 comments:

Lisa said...

oh my . These are just stunning. Love the butterflies.

Im back from my break.

Reena said...

Such a leap of faith! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Superb pictures!

Patricia said...

What a profound thought!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

So true! Lovely photos, your last is my favourite.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So beautiful!!!! And one day, many of us WILL become butterflies!

Duane Scott said...

Oh, the quote… too good!

allisondegeorge said...

I think I can...I think I can...

Anonymous said...

Your butterfly is fantastic - and I love that quote!
xo Catherine

ju-north said...

Lovely quote!

Steve Gravano said...

You have some beautiful Swallowtail photos here, including you header photo! I love that quote so whimsical, I'm saving it.

Tracy said...

mmm... such good food for thought, and food for the eye as well as soul. :o) Lovely... ((HUGS))

Nancy said...

Stunning photos, Susan!

"...and what we will be has not yet been made." That's something beautiful to think about today, isn't it?

Beth said...

It is no secret that you are an awesome photographer, but I think your talent becomes especially apparent when you photograph butterflies-you capture every tiny detail, line, curve, and color. I always sit and stare in awe.

That quote says so much about life, doesn't? If we want to succeed in most anything, we have to be willing to leave our comfort zone.

Vicky said...

So vibrant and stunning! You make both the butterflies and the flowers leap from the screen... such a feast for the eyes. I am quite taken with that quote too... on so many levels it speaks to me.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so beautiful, flying flowers make me happy seeing them here or flying and flitting around the yard.

Unknown said...

You gotta have faith.. Love this!

beth said...

i love your photos.....and have always loved that quote. somedays the message in it goes straight to my core !!

Justine said...

beautiful beautiful shots!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I've never heard that quote before. I think it's wonderful... especially along with your photos.

Breathtaking said...

Stunningly beautiful photos!! I was out photographong Swallowtails this morning, but they would keep landing on the hose pipe!! Love the quote!

Sandra Heska King said...

I've been trying to catch one of those yellow butterflies with my camera since last summer!

I just came from Sheila's place, and she's talking about surrender, too. S'pose God's trying to tell me something?

Louise Gallagher said...

How exquisite.

lynnmosher said...

Ooo...so beautiful! Your photos are wonderful and so is the quote! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Fantastic photos and lovely poem.

michelle ortega said...

I soooo long to be His butterfly...thank you for this post today. It is just the gentle whisper of the Spirit I need. Blessings!

Megan Willome said...

Oh, I remember that book!

Anonymous said...

What photographs, Sue! And the thoughts are for pondering as my eyes search the colors of God's creation. With care, ~ linda

Christine said...

I love the array of color God has for us in this photo. Only He could arrange it. Thank you for searching for beauty for us.

cristie said...

truer words were never spoken. lovely photos to match. xox

Jennifer Richardson said...

overwhelming beauty!
just overwhelming:)
-Jennifer

Connie Smiley said...

Love it! Such a cool quote, and your butterflies are gorgeous. Makes me want to fly!