Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pretty In Pink ~







"Never lose an opportunity
 of seeing anything beautiful,
 for beauty is God's handwriting."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
* * *
Peony
 

30 comments:

ELK said...

exquisite series of shots ..I LOVE the deep background as well! You captured such beauty here Susan!

Linda said...

Incredible Susan! I can't tell you how much I admire your gift with a camera and with words. You use it so well.

Maureen said...

Like pink confetti; the lushness is wonderful.

Jewels said...

Love this series! You were so persistent to get the progression. And the quote is perfect!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Amen!

Muffy's Marks said...

My dad grew that variety of peony. Your photos remind me of him. Thanks for today's post.

Ruth Hiebert said...

This is true beauty.

Dea Moore said...

Such beauty as always friend...love the frilly peony. I am partial to white but these photos of pink might have won me over to pink!

Ginny Hartzler said...

A wonderful quote! I have loved watching this beautiful peony open with you.

cristie said...

wow! splendid. xox

Joan Elizabeth said...

It was just like sitting here and watching it unfold. Great series.

Patricia said...

So very lovely - just like you.

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh see how they smile:)
thanks for sharing
all the opportunities
you take
to see the handwriting,
Jennifer

MadSnapper n Beau said...

starts out pretty goes to beautiful then gorgeous and ends up stunning. my mother loved pink, all shades of pink, she would love these.

Kerri Farley said...

A Pink Playground for all of the lovely little insects!
Great shots!

Leslie said...

a gorgeous series.

Unknown said...

That is the perfect quote to go with these photos. So pretty. I do hope you are having a happy week..

Hugs~

Relyn Lawson said...

There's just no beauty like a pink peony.

Vicky said...

I'm so happy to see these today- I missed my mom's peonies this season. They are at the old house and they came more quickly it seems, than years past. My mother has perfumey white ones that I would wear as a scent if I could. Thank you for sharing yours in all their glory!

Debbie said...

WoW, what a gorgeous color!! beautiful images paired with the sweetest title!!

Lisa Gordon said...

These peonies are just gorgeous!
I especially love the color in the first one.
So beautifully jewel-like.
Sending you wishes for a wonderful weekend!

caryjo said...

Among my favorite shades/colors in flowers... or anything else. Nice photos and good words.

Blessings...

Dolly @Soulstops said...

ooh...fabulous series...peonies are one of my favorite flowers...thanks, Susan :)

Susan said...

Oh so beautiful and so true!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... I bet they smell good!
xo Catherine

Gayle said...

Love this quote, love the flower photo - of course! ;)

Anonymous said...

those flowers are beautiful

Anonymous said...

those flowers are beautiful

Sandra Heska King said...

Inhaling the fragrance here.

cristie said...

i believe this with all my heart...xox