That McKibben quote: wow. I love all your posts, Susan. Thank you for sharing your eye and heart with us. Merry Christmas, Friend. I pray that God will continue to pour His blessings out upon you.
Good word. Both scriptural and thoughtful. And, of course, always love the dear deer photos... started to say "shots" instead of "photos" but that wouldn't have been very appropriate... a big OOPS! which is a general part of life for me, as you know.
Lovely photo, Susan, as always. In quietness we hear those things that life and busyness often drown out. I love how, when I go into the woods, at first I hear nothing, but as I remain still and silent the birds and squirrels eventually become active again, chittering their messages to each other.
I am so looking forward to going on holidays soon ... a season of rest and waiting as we welcome Christmas and the New Year. This post is so thoughtful and lovely.
hmmm, love that quote, and the photo too. it's very beautiful. I like the candle flame in the lower corner too. this is perfect and so comforting Susan. I know stillness when I visit here...happy weekend to you.
Thank you for stopping by, Sue, and casting your vote on the e-reader. I love the touch and smell of a real book, too, but feel the pull to join the rest of the crows (so says my family:)). As for todays selection, you have shared some wonderful thoughts about this waiting game called Advent. I absolutely love your image, of course...she captures that intent "listen and look" feeling!
33 comments:
That McKibben quote: wow. I love all your posts, Susan. Thank you for sharing your eye and heart with us. Merry Christmas, Friend. I pray that God will continue to pour His blessings out upon you.
thank you Susan, such a good reminder to remember to listen and slow down
I like your Advent candles that you've been placing in your photos :-)
I am learning there is so much to be found in the waiting. Beautiful - always beautiful Susan.
and God's creatures are such good examples of trusting their creator...
thank you for that verse.
oh yes it's that time:)
thank you for sharing
the beauty that is you,
Jen
The time to listen for footsteps...I love it.....We all go at such a pace that sometimes it hard to remember we must be still to listen.....
Beautiful, a lot to think about here.
Great shot and beautiful words. Reminds me of this song.
Good word. Both scriptural and thoughtful. And, of course, always love the dear deer photos... started to say "shots" instead of "photos" but that wouldn't have been very appropriate... a big OOPS! which is a general part of life for me, as you know.
Been doing a lot of running around today ... Thanks :)
An important reminder and sweet photo. Wishing you a nice weekend.
Lovely photo, Susan, as always. In quietness we hear those things that life and busyness often drown out. I love how, when I go into the woods, at first I hear nothing, but as I remain still and silent the birds and squirrels eventually become active again, chittering their messages to each other.
good one. cute furry ears.
I am so looking forward to going on holidays soon ... a season of rest and waiting as we welcome Christmas and the New Year. This post is so thoughtful and lovely.
that verse in Micah is beautiful.
happy holidays!!!!!!
love
chas
I like that McKibben quote. There's little running for me right now and the forced sense of awareness is enlightening to say the least.
Thanks for the reminder. I always fear I will miss Christmas in all the rush and running.
Carolyn
I listen
and hear
the beauty
of the calling
of your words
and photos
awakening
the breath
of God
within me.
Hugs of gratitude
Wonderful quote from McKibben and beautifully paired with Micah.
such a sweet sweet face in that photo. i like the can't hear footsteps if we are running. thinking on that one for a while
Resting in quiet with you, Susan. Listening together. I like it better that way :).
hmmm, love that quote, and the photo too. it's very beautiful. I like the candle flame in the lower corner too. this is perfect and so comforting Susan. I know stillness when I visit here...happy weekend to you.
Susan, this is absolutely gorgeous!
Great post.
This is a most Holey time of our Religious Calender year.
What a sweet face that deer has. And you know...I have never read Micah. But that verse is drawing me in.
Thanks for the reminder to slow down and wait ... Hope you have a blessed Christmas season.
Thank you for stopping by, Sue, and casting your vote on the e-reader. I love the touch and smell of a real book, too, but feel the pull to join the rest of the crows (so says my family:)). As for todays selection, you have shared some wonderful thoughts about this waiting game called Advent. I absolutely love your image, of course...she captures that intent "listen and look" feeling!
What a wonderful photo. I just love the Quote you used.
Hugs, Linda
I love the words you shared. Thank You. Wishing you so much Peace tonight.
such gentle beauty...I feel deep peace viewing this sweet creature.
today i will be more aware of my desire to pay attention. thank you susan. xox
What a wonderful creature!
Post a Comment