Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Key ~

{click to enlarge}
 He will be the sure foundation for your times
   a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge
   the fear of the LORD
is the key
to this treasure
Isaiah 33:6
: : :
a prison cell in which
one waits
hopes
and is completely
dependent
on the fact
that
the door of freedom
has to be
opened
from the outside
is not a bad picture
of Advent
Dietrich Bonhoeffer
: :
joining with Deidra

39 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

wow....what a powerful post.
thanks for the ponder,
Jennifer

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Amen! I like this post

Maureen said...

Deeply thought-provoking, as Bonhoeffler is wont to be.

Brandee Shafer said...

wow

Joan Elizabeth said...

I a finding your advent thoughts great to be mindful for the season.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

That quote coming from Bonhoeffer is so powerful. Thanks, Susan.

Shanda said...

yes: powerful combination of photo, scripture and quote

Dea Moore said...

Yes, so true. What a blessing to ponder the beauty of all this...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for anther wonderful post. Have a blessed Sunday.

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful post. I love the photo and the scripture...

I hope you are enjoying your weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Ginny Hartzler said...

A beautiful Advent devotional!!!!

Unknown said...

wow! love it! simply amazing.. happy Sunday!

http://point-shoot-vhen.blogspot.com/2011/12/365317.html

Louise Gallagher said...

Very thought-provoking, and as always, inspired by your photos the thoughts go deep.

rjerdee said...

Happy Second Sunday in Advent, Susan...and I'm stunned by the Bonhoeffer quote!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Blessings to you and yours today.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

stunning photo. fear was the key for daddy raising me to be the person I am today, i was always honest and did not steal because i knew daddy and god were watching me, true fear of the Lord kept me on the straight and narrow

Traci Michele said...

love it!

amen ! Love, Traci http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2011/12/im-not-morning-person.html

Leslie said...

I've never read that quote before. It is meaningful to me, in more ways than one.

(praying for you...)

Beth said...

Echoes what I've been reading. Isn't it great how when the Lord wants you to learn something, He repeats it many times in different ways/venues?!
Powerful words and meaning, but my favorite is the photo--soul-touching.

Deidra said...

I wonder if Bonhoeffer ever said anything that wasn't profound and life-changing? He was surely a gift to the world. As are you. Thanks so much for linking up!

Unknown said...

Very inspirational Post.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

And He lights up the key...

Jeanne Damoff said...

Powerful and provocative. And encouraging. Thank you.

Patricia said...

Lovely image and very powerful verses. And Bonhoeffer certainly tells it like it is, doesn't he?

Lyla Willingham Lindquist said...

All the way around, perfect. The quote, the photo, Isaiah. Your ability to put these things together makes me think, always.

Vicky said...

Yes, provocative is the word, I had to go through twice slowly, and will go back one more time to see what else I get. Thanks for the ponderings... very powerful pairing today!

Kristi said...

Love it all...especially the analogy of the prison cell and Advent. Am going to be sharing that with member of my small faith group! :)
Stopping by from Sunday.

Steve Gravano said...

What a passage and photo. The light on the key is beautiful.

Steve Gravano said...

What a passage and photo. The light on the key is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this! The whole post works together beautifully!

caryjo said...

I've occasionally thought of Bonhoeffer and what he went through, how he focused in the right direction, even as life was changing quickly and dramatically, and, in his case, being taken away... HE had the right "key" thoughts.

Connie Arnold said...

Thank you for sharing the thought provoking and powerful words!

Ms. Becky said...

your photo combines beautifully with the quote, which is very profound. I'm keeping that one. this is a powerful post, and I love it. I find great comfort in it. thank you. happy week to you Susan.

Anonymous said...

Such a powerful image!
xo Catherine

Mommy Emily said...

oh friend.

this fear.

i need to learn it...

Sandra Heska King said...

Many have said it, but I'll say it again. This is so powerful, beautiful, and thought-provoking. Love.

Tracy said...

The door of freedom...opened... How this lifts and inspires, Susan! :o) Happy week... wishing you a lovely advent ((HUGS))

Emily Young said...

That's a beautiful quote - it reminds me of Psalm 107...
"He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness,
and broke away their chains... He breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron."

Lisa said...

I love this. Beautiful. Beautiful