Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Her Warmth ~


purchased at an auction
three decades
ago
a
simple pitcher
symbol
of
her hospitality
cups
of
steaming hot coffee
for the adults
the aroma
of
warm homemade buns
fresh
from the oven
melted butter
floating over
their
golden tops
her
kitchen
always
open
welcoming
her arms open too
Gramma Bergman
as children
never knowing
she wasn’t
truly
Gramma
to all
who passed
through her door



13 comments:

donna said...

Lovely photo and lovely words to go along with it.

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful, I can smell those buns!

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful post! (And I love the simple lines of that pitcher!)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This is amazing! Sweet post and gorgeous photography!

Annie K said...

What a beautiful tribute.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

This post is so comforting.

Avatar said...

A well captured photo and beautiful words attached on the post. Hmm.. aroma of buns. :D

CDScott said...

Love the pitcher photo...very smooth.

cristie said...

funny how we can't picture our grammy not being that to everyone. xox

lovely thoughts.

ELK said...

the softness of the curves on the pitcher and your words are so magical!

Unknown said...

Lovely blog post. I can smell those homemade buns!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am so pleased you like my cards.

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography
Blog of Note

Kat_RN said...

Lovely poem, reminds me of Grandma Rosas. Thanks for sharing,
Kat

nadia said...

i love this post. i have a few of my own i love them.