"Very lovely, he thought,
are the sudden moments of relief
that come in the midst of strain,
those moments of forgetfulness when
we are 'teased out of thought' by
a bird or a flower or the sight of old roofs in the sun;
lovely though so transient,
the reversal of those brief moments
that visit us even in
the midst of joy."
from
A City Of Bells
* * *
the bluebird fledgling revived


18 comments:
I seem to run out of adjectives Susie. This is just perfect in every way. Oh how grateful I am for those moments. I long to have eyes to see them and a heart to embrace them.
Hope you're doing well!
You are reminding me to read Elizabeth Goudge. Pretty bird and glad it revived.
Talk about "A bird in the hand"! How long did he nurse the bluebird? And now of course I must look up "A City Of Bells"
It's a scandal in California, a real city, and a set of mystery books. Plus a whole lot more!
Love the quote--and so glad that beautiful bird revived--thanks to your grandson--
This is wonderful! Such tender, thoughtful words and tender-hearted grandson too. :>)
What beautiful photos, Susan, and the perfect quotation to accompany them. (I think I say that all the time, but I don't know what else I can say!) I'm glad the wee bird was saved.
Goudge is a favorite of mine - thanks so much for this loveliness today, Susan.
Teased out if thought. More like being teased into thought I think. Certainly appreciation.
I just love it when a little bird gets saved! And that's an extra cute one!
xo Catherine
What a beautiful post...both in image and word! What a precious grandson to do that for that lovely bird! Have a blessed week, Susan!
My "word" this year is Moments. You have had some incredible quotes on moments, and this is one of them! How you wee able to get the pic of the bird I do not know!
Beautiful post.
This is a lovely moment, a visit to your blog which always has beautiful photos and quotes to share.:)
This is so very true. I've never read Elizabeth Goudge. Another friend is a fan, and judging from this quote I can see why. Your photos are the perfect illustration of this point. And you sharing them with us allows us to experience one of those fleeting moments of joy, along with you.
Both images are lovely. It is a special feeling to help an injured bird.
I don't visit as often as I wish, but your nature photography is beautiful and you find the perfect words to share. The bluebird is wonderful and glad he revived.
That was a real heart-grabber. OH!! To see the bird in your house and to see the lovely flowers. OH, again, I just LOVED it!!
Post a Comment