Saturday, August 30, 2014

Impending ~

"Now autumn's fire
burns slowly along the woods
and day by day
the dead leaves fall and melt."
William Allingham
*  *  *
the woodbine is turning
one of the signs
 of autumn's approach

20 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

That little bit of red is so beautiful, Susan.
I wish you a wonderful weekend!

Ginny Hartzler said...

And such a very deep rich shade this early.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I went for a walk today and saw all kinds of signs that fall is fast approaching. I love the beauty of that season.

ju-north said...

A beautiful reminder of the changing seasons!

Breathtaking said...

Such a lovely photo Susan!:)

Joan Elizabeth said...

Dead leaves fall and melt. I like tat turn of phrase. In my garden it is the Virginia creeper which turns first and looks a lot like this. The full fire takes several more weeks I am looking forward to your autumn as our spring unfolds.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

this gets a WOW in my book.. the colors are so beautiful, the red so red the green so green... and the quote could not be more perfect for this photo.

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photo and quote!

rjerdee said...

The saddest time of the year for me...all that dying away of summer's festivities and green-ness. I know...it's just earth's way of renewing itself :)

Beth said...

It's beautiful! I'm seeing signs here in Southeastern Ohio. Fall is close-by!

Deanna said...

I love the colors but not necessarily what it means....winter

Anonymous said...

I love Autumn. This is lovely, Susan.

caryjo said...

Things begin to change so suddenly. Cold, hot, flowery, no leaves, and back and forth. Hope it it's usual wonderfulness when I'm up next week. Can hardly wait! And photo was wonderful, as usual. Ya dun good!

Tracy said...

Oh, that little bit of "fire"...so beautiful now! We're having touched of gold here... The season's change is all around in tiny ways... :o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))

Vicky said...

So soon! Too soon! It isn't the impending fall that I want to postpone, its the hovering of those colder days that cause me to want to cling to summer.

Debby Ray said...

Gorgeous photo and words, Susan. I was out today snapping some shots of the leaves that are already changing here as well! Fall is coming!!

Linda P said...

I like this verse about nature in the Autumn - very descriptive words. I also like the name of the bush. I think the turning has come early where you live. Everything is still quite green here in the north of England, but lots of red berries for the birds this year.

Lucille said...

Hasn't summer gone quickly? Yours has seemed especially short. Each season has its consolations though and autumn is going to be special. Thank you for your visit.

Dea Moore said...

Praying for a long fall this year…that fall will see fit to start early and stay late :)

Mersad said...

Love the play between red and green!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography