somewhat
deceptive in appearance
these turn into tenacious little
cockle burs that cling stubbornly
to a pet's fur and a person's clothing
* * *
"Keep the briars out,
they say.
You cannot live
and keep free of briars."
they say.
You cannot live
and keep free of briars."
William Carlos Williams
* * *
Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.
For out of it spring the issues of life.
Proverbs 4:23
19 comments:
Beautiful but very deceptive. I have known people like this up close and personal. I now realize these people were "gifts", showing me how I choose not to be. Many times I do not understand His plan for my life, but I have also learned that it is far better than anything I could have planned. Blessings.
I read that the idea of velcro came from those little stickly burr thingies. So at least something good came from them--smile.
Love this post.
A message that is very timely. Those briars need constant watching.
Helen xx
Their roots are tenacious too. I've tried pulling them from the landscape beds and they don't give! I have one growing up in the middle of my lavender. I should let them bloom but I never get to them soon enough...
Oh yes, I have fought these rascals on my Toby several times, they are difficult to remove!! Even tho they are a "pain" your image is delightful!!
I can remember having these pesky thing stick to my pants lets when I was playing!
This is right, we all have briers in our lives. Gosh, they grab onto everything! You might say that they are co-dependent!
They do have a sort of beauty to them though, don't they. But beauty is far from my thoughts when our Samoyed strays too close to them! *sigh* part of living.
They are nasty when they stick to the clothes,but sure pretty at this stage.
The cockle burrs are pretty on the stem, but not nearly so when stuck to clothes, hair, or pet! Love the quote by William Carlos Williams!:>)
What pretty pretty things. So often the way with weeds.
What pretty pretty things. So often the way with weeds.
we don't have this beautiful weed, but we do have beggar lice that put a zillion seeds all over the dogs, they are like velcro seeds. we are battling them now
Oh, those naughty little cockle burrs! So tenacious!
Oh, those naughty little cockle burrs! So tenacious!
We've had some burrs on our Charlie... And stepped on some left around the house. ;o) Funny how pretty can also have a tricky flipside! Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
I had almost forgotten about briars...tenacious is right!
Like so many things in life...beautifully deceptive! Your photo of the little buggers is stunning!
Pretty but "ouchy"...and that is the way of life.
Post a Comment