"I know a little garden close
Set thick with lily and red rose,
Where I would wander if I might
From dewy dawn to dewy night,
And have one with me wandering."
William Morris
* * *
true to their name
they only bloom for a day
one can almost slip into their colors
20 comments:
Yes, I do love daylily's I have several colors and types. You have captured them beautifully!!
My late mom and I had a daylily garden where we chose varieties with names of our ancestors. Your photos are so pretty.
Susan...I remember when we would go to my Aunt's cabin in the summers and once in a while we would find a day lily like a magic gift. It was always an orange one with freckles :-)
I just LOVE the variety of the colors of the day lilies. I have to go through some of them before I hit the road to get to your place. They'd die when I was gone. But sure enjoyed seeing many of yours. A treat! AND when I'm heading home, maybe I'll bring a few of the seed issues and make more here. That would be a treat!!!!
The first picture is my favorite, I can see why you put it first! It looks like little candles inside. Or lit matches.
Lovely photos! The flowers are beautiful!
Wonderful photos, Susan! I only have the common orange ones, but they always brighten the garden during their brief blooming time.
You have captured the beauty of these flowers so well.
Beautiful captures of a Daylily
so admired for their colour, and large blooms. I also have some in my garden.I like the romantic poem also, flowers do inspire poets to write about them, don't they!
Amazing capture of these fabulous flowers!
GORGEOUS, gorgeous color...*swoon*... Must cherish extra much something that only lasts one sweet day... ((HUGS))
these are each and every one stunning photos of these beauties... the first one enlarged, i can almost count the grains of pollen..
". . . one can almost slip into their colors." I love this expression. Gorgeous flowers. Great quote too. :>)
You caught the lighting just perfectly...intricately made, aren't they?
Stunnning shots of these gorgeous day lillies!
Beautiful images!
My goodness, these are beautiful!
I especially love the color of the first one.
They are very pretty but I like flowers that are less ephemeral.
They're beautiful --
It's really amazing what details you are able to recognize and see once you are up close. These are fantastic shots.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Post a Comment