the dishes wait
as I get sidetracked
the daisies will wilt
the dishes won't
* * *
"I long to accomplish
a great and noble task; but
it is my chief duty
to accomplish small tasks as if
they were great and noble."
Helen Keller
* * *
And whatever you do
in word or deed,
do all in the name of
the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to
God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:17
21 comments:
I love the HK quote and the Bible verse tonight. Such pretty daisies and I love the texture of your dish cloth. We just walked around the garden in back; it is cooler than usual here this evening.
LOVE this, Susan - the photo, the quote, the scripture. All of it.
Lovely, as always, Susan. So glad I found your FB link!!
So glad that you decided to let the dishes wait. Your shot of the daisies is just gorgeous! Love it and also the scripture that you shared!
Good choice to go after the Daisies first.
You sound like me this summer. I have been avoiding chores and savoring each beautiful day!
Sometimes dishes have to wait for the more important things. What a lovely post today.
I did a rare thing this week and bought some roses, annoyingly they wilted in just a few days.
On another note I have been reflecting on thoughts just like those in your post of recent times.
Love the textured pattern in the weave of that linen cloth and, of course, the daisy. It's good to be reminded of the quote and scripture. Thank you.
Even the mundane has a beauty all its own.
this is my first time reading the keller quote and it is so true. and I do love the small things that become big.. like taking a pic of a dish towel.. nothing could be more noble and beautiful.. the daisies are beautiful...
dishes
will
not
wilt
i like that
I'm having one of those days where I'm having difficult tending to the small, every day things. But my distraction is a book, not daisies, though I do need to water my daisy plant.
Brought a smile to my face. It's all about priorities and I see yours were in the right place !
Great quotes too.
Simple yet profound! Take time ...
on my deathbed
i believe i shall look back
and realize my best work,
my greatest contributions,
happened while washing dishes:)
thanks for this wonderful
inspire,
Jennifer
Amen to that, Susan...what a great quote. When I read things like that, I don't feel go guilty when I'd rather have my camera in my hand than a dish towel. Have a blessed weekend!
Day after day you remind me to pay attention - what a gift of beauty you have, dear Susan. Thank you - and I may have to purchase one fine dish towel :)
So many wise words in such a small space !
Perfect! I love this, your photos and your sentiments, and Helens, and the one from Colossians.
Another "smiley"...and it was a treat to keep being poured with joy.
Post a Comment