Wednesday, August 20, 2014

More Than A Drop ~

smiles form the channel
 of a future tear
Lord Byron
 the dew of compassion
 is a tear
Lord Byron
 the dew was heavy
this morning
the Lord's mercies
are new every morning
His compassion never fails
*  *  *
"Compassion is sometimes
the fatal capacity for feeling what
it is like to live inside somebody else's skin.
It is the knowledge that there can never really be
any peace and joy for me until there is 
peace and joy
 finally for you too."
Frederick Buechner
*  *  *

22 comments:

Maureen said...

". . . the channel / of a future tear": I love that.

Beautiful photos, especially the second, third, and fourth.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Really lovely.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the pictures, I love the quotes!! The Byron quote fits so perfectly here, and I love the Buechner quote, it is truly brilliant!!! I may use it at church.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

numbers 2 and 5 are my favorites. these are really beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Pretty coneflower photos, Susan. God bless your day.

Leslie said...

Buechner often gets to the heart of things, doesn't he? Thank you for being willing to open your heart to that "fatal capacity."

helen tilston said...

As another day draws to a close here in Ireland, we ask the Lord for a blessed day tomorrow full of peace and compassion in abundance.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images.I am so thankful that God's mercies are new every morning.

Tracy said...

Such wonderful images, imagery and words, Susan. I like the idea of dew being the compassion of the Lord made visible to us through nature. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful Post! I always love stopping by for a visit here :)

Barbara said...

Gosh, so pretty, I love rain drops and I love coneflowers so this is a perfect post.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I think coneflowers are stunning.

Lisa Gordon said...

Each of these is just magical, Susan!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Such lovely pictures of this beautiful flower.....and words!

Anita Johnson said...

These photos are just stunning, the post, beautiful!

Vicky said...

I was channeling my inner Susan a week ago- trying to capture the rain dripping from some wild flowers as you do. But these, Susan, are so utterly beautiful. I marvel at your artistic talents and know I just need to keep working and trying :) It seems those photos were meant for those words! Thank you!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous, it's one of my favorites!! Have a wonderful weekend Susan!!

Jennifer Richardson said...

those words and images
move me to tears today;
thank you dear Susan
for the beauty that you share
(that you are)
-Jennifer

SimplyDarlene said...

so good.
all of it.

blessings

rjerdee said...

Beautiful!

caryjo said...

And it has been very "dewful" here in the last few days. Everything looks a bit differently than not long ago. Flowers are "loverly" for you, though.

Mersad said...

The pink color is so pretty. Love the drops of water.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography