Friday, September 6, 2013

What Do You See? ~

(a little click will help you see)
Faith sees a beautiful blossom in a bulb,
 a lovely garden in a seed,
 and a giant oak in an acorn.
William Arthur Ward
*  *  * 
and I suspect the  squirrel
 and the chipmunk
see dinner

23 comments:

Tracy said...

This is so lovely in every way! :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))

Joan Elizabeth said...

I love it. I think there is something really delightful in acorns.

This post has me wondering what eats acorns in Australia and I don't think anything much does, they just seem to gather on the ground. What a waste.

Kerri Farley said...

I see - PURE BEAUTY :)

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Autumn is definitely in your part of the woods.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i have never seen the acorns turning into what falls on the ground, this amazes me, as does all nature. i agree with Kerri in seeing pure beauty

Anonymous said...

What a pretty photo. I love this time of the year. God bless you this weekend.

Vicky said...

Hehe- yes- I suppose they do! I was admiring the tall oaks at my father-inlaws this past weekend and kept noticing something falling all around the tree- acorns and shells- the squirrels were definitely very busy!

caryjo said...

Made me chuckle. Yep, our season is gradually changing. In a few weeks, the heat will be GONE and the cold will be IN. [A bit too much, most likely...both where you are and where we are.]

Ginny Hartzler said...

Very clever, I love this one! And of course I HAD to look up the Luke verse!

Anonymous said...

i see your pretty photos

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

it is a pretty acorn...yep dinner for critters

Debbie said...

two happy acorns!! lovely, maybe one day they will each become a mighty tree!!

Jennifer Richardson said...

...and you see so much:)
I appreciate the vision
you nurture
and share,
Jennifer

Relyn Lawson said...

You always make me smile. Today, I'm laughing, too. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Your post has me smiling.. Love this..

Hugs~

Nancy said...

You have certainly given us a wonderful reminder that fall is just around the corner.....

Debby Ray said...

It won't be long until our yard will be covered with them...like walking on marbles!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely shot- especially when I clicked on it to see bigger. Have a blessed Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I am sure the squirrels and chipmunks appreciate nature's restaurants! :)
xo Catherine

Anna said...

Hi Susan ~ I always enjoy your pairing of inspiration and photography. Beautifully done! Trees, leaves, and acorns have been in front of my camera lately, too. Autumn is approaching :)
Happy week to you.

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

I seen an acorn in the making. May God bless you and yours,
Laura
Harvest Lane Cottage

Lisa Gordon said...

I see baby acorns, and I love them!

Linda P said...

I'm glad that some get eaten by those squirrels (no chipmunks here), and some will survive, will produce seedlings and one day, hopefully, grow into mighty oaks.