{ a little click will enlarge}
"Summer ends,
and Autumn comes,
and he who would have it otherwise
would have high tide always and
a full moon every night."
Hal Borland
* * *
autumn
officially begins on
September 22, 2013
in the Northern Hemisphere
unofficially the signs of its impending
arrival are becoming evident
27 comments:
They most definitely are, and it's a bit early this year. Here in NY, I began seeing the leaves changing about 2 weeks ago.
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Susan.
i have a book by hall borland. the twelve moons of the year.
the news here is that grape harvest will be early.
time to make sure the wood is covered, before the rains return.
Yes, indeed! Autumn coming is hard to ignore even though it's quite warm with thunder storms coming through. It's the skirling colored leaves on the ground that one can't deny! =/ ;)
xxo
We are noticing more color in the leaves early this year. Wishing you a very nice day tomorrow. Your pics are so pretty.
We haven't had any frost yet, but most of the leaves are now brown and crinkly. What do they know that we don't?
Being in the mountains last week, I was amazed at just how many leaves had begun to turn and fall...I can't believe it's September 1...fall will be upon us soon...
sweet little changes....happy sigh:)
-Jennifer
Summer's having a last (?) fling here before it makes way for autumn. I always look forward to the spectacular fall show though. Changing seasons - a wonderful reminder of His faithfulness.
I too,am seeing some early signs of fall.
We have some change here also. There was a little a few weeks ago and this is just beautiful.
The changing seasons always bring something new and beautiful to look at. Not much evidence of change here as yet, but the lovely autumn colours will soon begin to show.
Beautiful image of upcoming changes. It's still in the 90's as of today in NC :(
so very beautiful... the 22 would have been my mothers 88th birthday.
my mother's mother was married 9/22/23 mother on 9/22/43 on her 18th birtday and my first marriage was on 9/22/63.. that date has lots of memories and no fall weather on any of those dates here
It is only since I have been a blogger our out of sync seasons have bothered me. I would love to be sharing Autumn at the same time as my blogging friends.
LOVE spark of red-orange! It's the same here too... some gentle signs of autumn hinting at season change soon. I love this time of year. :o) Happy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
We are also seeing telltale signs that autumn is on our doorstep.
I love how you capture all the complexity and beauty and duality of life -- and make it so clear and simple and understandable.
It's undeniable. Our Robin is singing his plaintive autumn song.
I'm wondering if we will have a short fall, like we had a short spring. I love to watch the leaves turn...just beautiful.
Going to miss our lovely falls .... but will enjoy spring again here in the southern hemisphere!
No hint of what will come in October here...with the rain we've had, summer is still green---green on the mountains and in the valleys.. not even the black gums are turning... the first to try on red before the maples and the dogwoods.
But I'm sure autumn will bring new sights for our eyes to feast on!
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Noticing a bit of a change already.. Love your photos..
Hugs~
and the leaves, they are a-browning and a-blowing away...
We noticed Autumn's turning was happening more quickly in the warmer south of England than where we live in the north when we were on our travels recently.
I hope you have a good September, Susan.
So so true. xox
Post a Comment