Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Most Assuredly ~

assuredly
 the grass withers
the word of the Lord
stands forever
*  *  * 
I have always looked upon decay
 as being just as wonderful and
 rich an expression of
 life as growth.
Henry Miller
1891-1980

20 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

it's a blessed assurance, this.
thanks for sharing the beauty
of life through your keen spirit eyes:)
-Jennifer

Debby Ray said...

The cycle of life...one of the many awesome wonders of God. Beautiful.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I really like grasses and the object lesson they deliver.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the silvery look in the first photo took my breathe away. so beautiful and it would make a great card.

Gayle said...

So still, so lovely.

IanH said...

You can't fight the inevitable! Thank God for a full circle.

Leslie said...

"In Him we live and move and have our being." Acts 17:28. May you (and we) find the grace to trust, in whatever state we are.

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed by the beauty of your post today, Susan, and really agree with the Henry Miller quote.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Deep, expressive colors!

Dea Moore said...

Buildings may topple and rulers, and nations crumble; The Word stands.

Anonymous said...

How breathtakingly beautiful.

rjerdee said...

Drying grasses are beautiful.

Brandee Shafer said...

Love living in a place of four seasons.

Kerri Farley said...

Awesome captures!

Anita Johnson said...

What beautiful grass, I think I need to ponder that quote for awhile....I struggle with fall and winter.

Unknown said...

This looks so pretty..

Hugs~

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So true, there is beauty in decay

Debbie said...

a great way to look at things!!

as we "decay" our idea of decay changes as well!!

caryjo said...

Been thinking of using that Word and a similar photo... but you put it together beautifully. When I get back from the North Shore, I'll have taken more photos of the harvesting farm areas along the highways...and maybe I'll have what I need then.

BTW, I must be mis-reading the Henry Miller bit. Couldn't quite understand it. I'll try again...

cristie said...

That dear Susan is a powerful perspective. On all accounts. xox