Monday, September 23, 2013

The Turning ~

(a little click will enlarge)
the aged body
belies the youthful
heart not yet
 turned
*  *  *
"the fall of a leaf is 
a whisper
to the living"
Russian Proverb

22 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Lovely. This... And mostly? You. xo

Carol Garvin said...

This speaks to me in your ageless and beautiful voice, Susan! Love the photo, too. :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never heard these quotes, a whisper to the living, I like that.

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture !
Beautiful autumn !

Debby Ray said...

Lovely photo...lovely quote :)

Patricia said...

Perfect. Sometimes I'm amazed that I'm sixty-something, but it's clearly not what my heart tells me. My body maybe, but not my heart.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

perfect quote, i feel like the colored leaf, old but not quite gone yet.. beautiful photo

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty photo. Hope you have a very nice day.

Jennifer Richardson said...

So true
and beautiful
in the trueness.
thanks for sharing,
dear one...you shine
so much light
into my life
and I'm grateful:)
-Jennifer

Kerri Farley said...

Oh how lovely!!

Gayle said...

Beautiful photographic wisdom.

Debbie said...

awww a beautiful close up!!

Anita Johnson said...

That last quote has me thinking...

Maureen said...

Wonderful, thought-provoking quotes.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I have not heard these quotes before...falling leaf is like a whisper

Anonymous said...

Love this post - both the beautiful picture and the poem.

Karen said...

I always love your quotes an photos and appreciate your comments so much.

Nancy said...

You are an endless source of wisdom and beautiful photographs....I love this quote about age....so true...

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love that quote. You're an endless source of great quotes.

Breathtaking said...

How very true,each fall I hear that whisper, and each spring I feel rejuvenated! Lovely photo Susan.:)

Anonymous said...

Love that tri-colored leaf!
xo Catherine

caryjo said...

Very true. And it reminds me of a famous small book written [can't remember the writer or book name] when the necessity was to have a leaf painted on the window so the sick person knew she/he could survive by watching, hoping. And did. So we need to remember "leaves"... so we won't "leave" early.