Monday, September 30, 2013

The Peeling Away ~

"Such days of autumnal decline hold
 a strange mystery which adds to the
 gravity of all our moods.”
 Charles Nodier
*  *  *
the yellowed leaves
another chapter finished
another tale told
*  *  *

19 comments:

Cathy H. said...

Beautiful! I love those golden leaves!

Nancy said...

Sometimes I feel like these golden leaves, (smile) The leaves are beautiful this time of year and remind us of a new season coming....

Anonymous said...

So pretty. Sending my love and prayers to you. Hugs to Callie.

Katie said...

such beautiful light!

Debby Ray said...

Lovely words....lovely photo....lovely season :)

Muffy's Marks said...

I have never thought of the falling leaves as closing of a chapter, but I guess that is correct. The silence of the winter to dig deeper into ourselves to find a re-birth in chapters yet to come.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the Nodier quote!!! It also fits in with seasonal depression.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes,a story is ending,but even in the ending their is beauty.

Lisa said...

So very beautiful. I love this season as much as the rest.

Rick said...

Wonderful light capture that makes the colors stand out. I look forward to this season for its vivid colors.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Wow, I love the light, shadows and colors of this, Susan!

Breathtaking said...

Our moods do change with the seasons,and right now I'm in the mood for the bright autumnal colours,crunchy leaves under foot, and a log fire in the evenings.:)
Love the colour and light in your photo Susan.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Autumnal melancholy ... but the days are also usually glorious, golden and warm .. I hope the same applies in your part of the world.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I like the yellow better than orange. beautiful

Dea Moore said...

Yes, sometimes we need pruning, sometimes it is the peeling away that is necessary for a story to end for another to begin. Beautiful, beautiful photograph. I pulled up to full screen. Wow!

Debbie said...

yes but there is lot's more to come!!

what special light!!

Unknown said...

Yes it is that time of year. The leaves in Wisconsin where my sister lives will be changing pretty fast now,like an explosion In a paint store.

Anonymous said...

Each season closes one door and opens another.. love your backlit leaves! I'm your newest follower and RSS subscriber...

caryjo said...

This time of year it's always filled with both beauty and the "beast"... things begin falling apart. Reality strikes again.